Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tim's Beloved EU and Vegans!

"T i m" wrote in message
On Tue, 20 Oct 2020 09:05:59 +0100, "Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)"
wrote:

Does it really matter what things are called unless somebody has a
copyright
protection on the name?

No, of course not and they are only called the things they are for the
non vegans as we check the info on the packets more closely than most
to check what they contain in any case.

It's just that some of the psychopaths who prefer to rape, torture and
kill animals because they like how they taste, rather than choose any
of the clean alternatives want to kick up a fuss, because of how
guilty they feel about their lifestyle choices.

I don't feel guilty about my lifestyle choice

it's just that I have yet to sample a "pretend meat" vegetarian product that
didn't taste vile

and I don't like the idea that I might be conned into wasting my money on a
product that I end up throwing in the bin

vegetarian products should be obviously vegetarian, and IME they taste all
the better for it

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 20 Oct 2020 14:34:40 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Does it really matter what things are called unless somebody has a
copyright
protection on the name?

No, of course not and they are only called the things they are for the
non vegans as we check the info on the packets more closely than most
to check what they contain in any case.

It's just that some of the psychopaths who prefer to rape, torture and
kill animals because they like how they taste, rather than choose any
of the clean alternatives want to kick up a fuss, because of how
guilty they feel about their lifestyle choices.

I don't feel guilty about my lifestyle choice

What, that you have no issues whatsoever that animals are raped, kept
in un-natural conditions, suffer and are slaughtered at a young age,
simply because *you* 'choose' to eat their flesh and secretions when
you have the choice not to?

https://ibb.co/WggszTd

it's just that I have yet to sample a "pretend meat" vegetarian product that
didn't taste vile

Then you either haven't tried many or have some very well conditioned
taste buds?

Even real meat we have to flavour with plants or they don't taste of
much ... so it's often the fat you crave (that does you no good).

and I don't like the idea that I might be conned into wasting my money on a
product that I end up throwing in the bin

It's not to do with being conned, it's to do with opening your mind to
the fact that you are going to have to go though a bit of an
unlearning process, as you transition from what you shouldn't have
been doing (the animals we rape, torture and kill were never ours to
do that to in the first place) to what you should?

vegetarian products should be obviously vegetarian,

Erm, and they are aren't they?

See, the only people who put the label 'vegan' or 'vegetarian on
things are those who feel the need to differentiate between those and
anything that involves the exploitation of animals.

In reality , vegan should be the norm and 'With cruelty' should be the
alternative, just as 'Smoking' was once the norm and now 'Non smoking'
is.

https://ibb.co/V9TwLjk

and IME they taste all
the better for it

'Taste' is very subjective and there's not a vegan sausage, bacon or
burger we have tried so far that we didn't think was at least 'ok' and
finished in every case. But then maybe we aren't 'fussy' eaters and
are just grateful that we can enjoy our food and not carry the burden
of guilt of all the animal suffering.

We should all 'eat to live' not 'live to eat' and if we did, maybe
there would be more food to go round, less food wasted and less health
/ obesity issues?

https://ibb.co/t2mLZML

But, I think some people are born selfish and hedonistic and really
couldn't care about anyone else, as long as they were happy?

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Does it really matter what things are called unless somebody has a
copyright
protection on the name?

No, of course not and they are only called the things they are for the
non vegans as we check the info on the packets more closely than most
to check what they contain in any case.

It's just that some of the psychopaths who prefer to rape, torture and
kill animals because they like how they taste, rather than choose any
of the clean alternatives want to kick up a fuss, because of how
guilty they feel about their lifestyle choices.

I don't feel guilty about my lifestyle choice

What, that you have no issues whatsoever that animals are raped, kept
in un-natural conditions, suffer and are slaughtered at a young age,
simply because *you* 'choose' to eat their flesh and secretions when
you have the choice not to?

You have no issue whatsoever endorsing the mutilation of genital of your
pets to provide your pleasure.

Do you think your pets consented to this? Do you think animals can give
consent? Does this mean that animals can only rape each other?

https://ibb.co/WggszTd

It misses out mental health issues. Funny that!

snip righteous pomposity

But, I think some people are born selfish

The most selfish are the ones forcing their way of life onto others,
Sometimes caused by mental health issues or downright jealousy.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"T i m" wrote in message
On Tue, 20 Oct 2020 14:34:40 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

It's not taste, it's texture

it's all wrong

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 21 Oct 2020 18:01:18 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

snip

it's just that I have yet to sample a "pretend meat" vegetarian product
that
didn't taste vile

Then you either haven't tried many or have some very well conditioned
taste buds?

It's not taste, it's texture

Make your mind up!

it's all wrong

Well it's all wrong for what?

If you were given meat for the first time, what would you *expect*
it's texture to be or any food for that matter?

Part of my lack of interest in meat pre going cruelty-free was that I
was very easily put off a meal by what the texture of the meat was
like. By that I meant it went from ok (at best) to nearly making me
heave and meaning I couldn't finish that meat on that meal (and often
putting me of that meat for a long time) ... like finding a 'tube' in
liver or an eye on a fish. But then the eye thing is the same for many
people ... because it reminded then what they are eating isn't just
meat but was part of an animal.

But yes, there are some meat replacement things that aren't
'brilliant' either but it's relatively early days for the commercial
stuff to become more refined.

Most meat free minces serve very well against minced animal flesh (in
say a spag bol of chili) and the Quorn chunks are fine in say a
'chicken curry' or casserole. The quorn 'fish fingers' are fine with
peas and rice or potatoes of some kind or even in a sandwich with
cucumber, tomato and some vegan salad cream.

Today's brunch (around 2 today) was baked beans on once slice of my
homemade whole grain bread, some fried mushrooms (just a teaspoon of
veg oil) with a few slices of a savoury Seitan.

Just got in (19:30) from a 5 mile dog walk and am just thinking about
what to do for dinner, but I'm not starving hungry so might just have
a tin of veg soup.

If I'm still peckish later might have some cheese (Applewood Vegan
Smoky Cheese alternative) on Ryvita, with a bit of pickle.

Daughter has just got us a batch of Asda's vegan offerings to try so a
bit more fun finding out what they are like. We haven't eaten anything
we didn't like at all so far (since Jan1) and have actually enjoyed
the vast majority of it (and some things we haven't enjoyed the first
time round we have enjoyed when cooking it differently etc).

So it all depends on how open minded you are, or can / are allowed to
be (by the rest of the family) and how much you really care for
animals etc. We have found most of it pretty easy, just with a couple
of things to crack (excuse the pun), like my scrambled eggs on toast
(daughter has done one that she said was pretty good).

Oh, just remembered, we have some vegan Magnums in the freezer ... ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/10/2020 20:05:08, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 21 Oct 2020 18:01:18 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

snip

[...]

What a pleasant post. You have come across very differently and not as
an extreme fanatic.