Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Tim's Beloved EU and Vegans!

On Tue, 20 Oct 2020 14:34:40 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 20 Oct 2020 09:05:59 +0100, "Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)"
wrote:

Does it really matter what things are called unless somebody has a
copyright
protection on the name?

No, of course not and they are only called the things they are for the
non vegans as we check the info on the packets more closely than most
to check what they contain in any case.

It's just that some of the psychopaths who prefer to rape, torture and
kill animals because they like how they taste, rather than choose any
of the clean alternatives want to kick up a fuss, because of how
guilty they feel about their lifestyle choices.

I don't feel guilty about my lifestyle choice

What, that you have no issues whatsoever that animals are raped, kept
in un-natural conditions, suffer and are slaughtered at a young age,
simply because *you* 'choose' to eat their flesh and secretions when
you have the choice not to?

https://ibb.co/WggszTd

it's just that I have yet to sample a "pretend meat" vegetarian product that
didn't taste vile

Then you either haven't tried many or have some very well conditioned
taste buds?

Even real meat we have to flavour with plants or they don't taste of
much ... so it's often the fat you crave (that does you no good).

and I don't like the idea that I might be conned into wasting my money on a
product that I end up throwing in the bin

It's not to do with being conned, it's to do with opening your mind to
the fact that you are going to have to go though a bit of an
unlearning process, as you transition from what you shouldn't have
been doing (the animals we rape, torture and kill were never ours to
do that to in the first place) to what you should?

vegetarian products should be obviously vegetarian,

Erm, and they are aren't they?

See, the only people who put the label 'vegan' or 'vegetarian on
things are those who feel the need to differentiate between those and
anything that involves the exploitation of animals.

In reality , vegan should be the norm and 'With cruelty' should be the
alternative, just as 'Smoking' was once the norm and now 'Non smoking'
is.

https://ibb.co/V9TwLjk

and IME they taste all
the better for it

'Taste' is very subjective and there's not a vegan sausage, bacon or
burger we have tried so far that we didn't think was at least 'ok' and
finished in every case. But then maybe we aren't 'fussy' eaters and
are just grateful that we can enjoy our food and not carry the burden
of guilt of all the animal suffering.

We should all 'eat to live' not 'live to eat' and if we did, maybe
there would be more food to go round, less food wasted and less health
/ obesity issues?

https://ibb.co/t2mLZML

But, I think some people are born selfish and hedonistic and really
couldn't care about anyone else, as long as they were happy?

Cheers, T i m