Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hoovers for workshop dust extraction

In my shed I have a basic, noisy 1500w Screwfix table saw. When I use it
I connect a 1000w wet and dry vacuum cleaner to the underneath extractor
outlet and an old 1000W henry type hoover to the overhead guard. This
takes care of the sawdust probably as well as can be expected BUT THE
NOISE IS DEAFENING, the lights flicker and it's probably going to annoy
my neighbours soon.

Is there some better way of extracting dust from power tools? Some kind
of cyclone thing? or a quieter single dust extractor. Trouble is these
days you just have to buy the stuff off of a catalogue.

TW