Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Upright Hoovers and Dysons

Is it just me - or do others feel that the cleaner seems to lift the pile
of the carpet better when pulled backwards? Is there an opportunity to
improve the design to make them as good on the "push"?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 18:31:44 +0000, DerbyBorn wrote:

Is it just me - or do others feel that the cleaner seems to lift the
pile of the carpet better when pulled backwards?

Perhaps because the pile isn't then being flattened by the weight of the
vac itself following the suck.

Is there an opportunity to improve the design to make them as good on
the "push"?

You could always come up with a design that separates the suck from the
weight of the vac...?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 10 October 2015 19:31:48 UTC+1, DerbyBorn wrote:

Is it just me - or do others feel that the cleaner seems to lift the pile
of the carpet better when pulled backwards? Is there an opportunity to
improve the design to make them as good on the "push"?

It's long surprised me that uprights have one brush going in one direction rather than two, one running each direction.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

It probably depends on the construction of the carpet. Most of the movement
goes away after a few people have walked on it after all.

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
2.222...
Is it just me - or do others feel that the cleaner seems to lift the pile
of the carpet better when pulled backwards? Is there an opportunity to
improve the design to make them as good on the "push"?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 18:31:44 GMT, DerbyBorn wrote:

Is it just me - or do others feel that the cleaner seems to lift the
pile of the carpet better when pulled backwards?

Direction of rotation of the brush/beater bar and the lay of the
carpet pile.

Is there an opportunity to improve the design to make them as good on
the "push"?

Why? Surely you push and pull the cleaner over the carpet.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/10/2015 09:00, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 18:31:44 GMT, DerbyBorn wrote:

Is it just me - or do others feel that the cleaner seems to lift the
pile of the carpet better when pulled backwards?

Direction of rotation of the brush/beater bar and the lay of the
carpet pile.

Is there an opportunity to improve the design to make them as good on
the "push"?

Why? Surely you push and pull the cleaner over the carpet.

That's a throw back to the days when the brush was driven by a central
belt, so you had to overlap. Modern uprights have a side belt so you
can use them like a lawnmower.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Why? Surely you push and pull the cleaner over the carpet.

It is an electric machine - I should be able to walk along pushing it in
front of me. Extra effort is needed to overcome the momentum if you push
and pull with a scrubbing action. Perhaps an old habit but it really
shouldn't be needed.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Why? Surely you push and pull the cleaner over the carpet.

It is an electric machine - I should be able to walk along pushing it in
front of me. Extra effort is needed to overcome the momentum if you push
and pull with a scrubbing action. Perhaps an old habit but it really
shouldn't be needed.

I have a vision of long rooms with no furniture in the way, not like my home
at all:-)

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 12 Oct 2015 10:58:17 +0100, Muddymike wrote:

I have a vision of long rooms with no furniture in the way, not like my
home at all:-)

Agree, there is minimalist and nothing... Hoovering like cutting the
grass, I can't see how you get the headlands for turning.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 12 Oct 2015 19:57:58 +0100 (BST), Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Mon, 12 Oct 2015 10:58:17 +0100, Muddymike wrote:

I have a vision of long rooms with no furniture in the way, not like my
home at all:-)

Agree, there is minimalist and nothing... Hoovering like cutting the
grass, I can't see how you get the headlands for turning.

My brother simply stood the tractor on its rear wheels (long time ago - Ford
5000 and 5-furrow plough) span round whilst turning the plough over.

For the nice clear room, you need a 5-head reversible hoover, robotic of
course.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

Dysons Jb UK diy 37 June 25th 14 10:41 PM
These Garden Blowers and Hoovers Ben Short UK diy 15 July 14th 10 01:26 PM
Talking of Dysons... Mungo \Two Sheds\ Toadfoot UK diy 4 July 20th 07 02:18 PM
Dysons again Mary Fisher UK diy 117 November 1st 04 02:56 PM
Dysons... MGA UK diy 73 August 10th 03 12:07 PM