Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Scope of wiring regs SELV

If I install extra-low voltage wiring, such as bell wire, ethernet, transducer
wiring, 12V power supplies for radios or similar, am I obliged to follow the
latest wiring regs, specifically about metal clips to stop the wire getting in
the way if its supports melt?

If this is out of scope of the regs, does it come into scope if a) it is done
as part of a mains wiring installation or b) it is done by a qualified
electrician?

--
Roger Hayter