Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Scope of wiring regs SELV

In article , Roger Hayter
wrote:
If I install extra-low voltage wiring, such as bell wire, ethernet,
transducer wiring, 12V power supplies for radios or similar, am I obliged
to follow the latest wiring regs, specifically about metal clips to stop
the wire getting in the way if its supports melt?

If this is out of scope of the regs, does it come into scope if a) it is
done as part of a mains wiring installation or b) it is done by a
qualified electrician?

The reason for metal clips is that a fireman got trapped and killed because
he got tangled in falling cabes. Low voltage cables are just as likely to
do this as mains ones.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England