Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tank Fill Line

My oil heating service, with whom I have a maintenance agreement, told me they had to remove the dresser coupling between the tank fill line and the tank in my basement to replace it with a "black" union and charge me $250.00 for that job.
This dresser coupling was installed with the tank about 10 years ago and looks perfect with no sign of leakage. They say that they cannot make further fuel deliveries until that coupling is replaced. Can you confirm this necessary? I am in NY state.