Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_3_] Fredxx[_3_] is offline

Default Tank Fill Line

On 05/10/2020 21:52:05, wrote:
My oil heating service, with whom I have a maintenance agreement,
told me they had to remove the dresser coupling between the tank fill
line and the tank in my basement to replace it with a "black" union
and charge me $250.00 for that job. This dresser coupling was
installed with the tank about 10 years ago and looks perfect with no
sign of leakage. They say that they cannot make further fuel
deliveries until that coupling is replaced. Can you confirm this
necessary? I am in NY state.

Would that be a "state" of stress or an indication you're not in the UK?

I don't think you'll get much assistance here for your problem.