Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pile em high and ......

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ker-death.html
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew wrote:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ker-death.html

Tsk.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/10...1810345643.jpg

I guess this would be DIY shelving ?

The guy at Ikea said it would be fine.

Paul
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Which reminds me, anyone with a long memory will remember the day most of
Demon Internet went down due to the servers which at the time were upstairs
in an old warehouse in London going straight through the floor. I hope they
had insurance.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Andrew" wrote in message
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ker-death.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I do wish newspaper sites would declutter and make the link go immediately
to the stories. I could not find it on the page,even though it was given the
title in the newsgroup posts. Also no headings to use as ways to navigate
the page, an accessibility failing of major proportions.

"Andrew" wrote in message
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ker-death.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote:

I do wish newspaper sites would declutter and make the link go immediately
to the stories.

I wish they'd give the browser sufficient clues that they're going to
insert a bank of adverts www by hhh pixels here and some clickbait www
by hhh pixels there so the damned page isn't a wriggling mess for ages
after it initially loads ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/10/2020 08:52, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
I do wish newspaper sites would declutter and make the link go immediately
to the stories. I could not find it on the page,even though it was given the
title in the newsgroup posts. Also no headings to use as ways to navigate
the page, an accessibility failing of major proportions.
Brian

Cluttering is policy, because they get revenue every time someone
accidentally clicks on an advert.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 5 Oct 2020 09:53:02 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:

Brian Gaff wrote:

I do wish newspaper sites would declutter and make the link go immediately
to the stories.

I wish they'd give the browser sufficient clues that they're going to
insert a bank of adverts www by hhh pixels here and some clickbait www
by hhh pixels there so the damned page isn't a wriggling mess for ages
after it initially loads ...

uBlock Origin stops only 10 items - ThisisMoney can have 20+.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/10/2020 09:54, newshound wrote:
On 05/10/2020 08:52, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
I do wish newspaper sites would declutter and make the link go
immediately
to the stories. I could not find it on the page,even though it was
given the
title in theĀ* newsgroup posts. Also no headings to use asĀ* ways to
navigate
the page, an accessibility failing of major proportions.
Ā* Brian

Cluttering is policy, because they get revenue every time someone
accidentally clicks on an advert.

Get a Raspberry Pi and install Pi Hole on it......

Change your home netwoprk's DCHP server from the router to the Pi hole....

wave Bye bye to ads and trackers!

(my block list is currently at 2,808,871 domains and 47.3% of internet
traffic is stopped by Pi Hole so it never reachs *any* of my devices and
that includes the Smart TV's and all teh Rokus (Rokus are advert heavy,
even more so that FireTV or ChromeStick.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

THis happened to the ground floor of a hospital in Cardiff
that I once worked at.

The histology lab on the ground floor (suspended timber,
being an old victorian building) kept all its glass slides
in special slide filing cabinets which when full were *heavy*.
One morning the lab staff came in and the cabinets were only
half height, the lower half having gone through the floor
into the crawl space.

Woodworm was soon diagnosed by the lab staff !.

Andrew