Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tradesman - Price markup on parts

I have just received an estimate from a tradesman (based on photographs
to save him the time of a visit) which includes £199Â* Plus VAT for
listed parts.

The very same parts are available from suppliers listed on amazon (not
amazon itself) for £96.98 Including VAT and delivery.

I know that part of the tradesman's profit comes from the Sale of parts
but I always thought that they bought parts from suppliers at trade
prices and then billed for them at retail prices.

Is a markup on parts of well over 100% typical in the building industry
or is this a simple indication that he doesn't want the job?

So far I only have one estimate, as I don't like wasting 3 peoples time
for jobs of less than half a day, when only one is going to get the job.

I am wondering if its worth getting any more or is this typical.

--

(News)

Auto repair shop parts markup rangerssuck Metalworking 28 June 20th 14 10:52 PM
Tradesman (Hechinger) Bandsaw parts RTN About this forum 1 February 14th 12 07:00 AM
HVAC parts markup Percival P. Cassidy Home Repair 35 November 16th 11 07:22 AM
Greatest markup ever? Andy UK diy 104 April 28th 06 07:26 PM
Tradesman (Hechinger) Bandsaw parts BJT Woodworking 2 January 13th 05 01:21 PM