Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default No mic - TWS bluetooth earbuds

I bought some inexpensive TWS bluetooth earbuds yesterday, for use with
my Iphone. I paired them and they worked well for music and are
supposed to have a mic in each bud, so either one or both can be used
for phone calls, except...

There is no audio picked up by either earbud, the Iphone mic is
disabled, so the other party hears total silence.

Is there a setting I might have missed?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

It happens that Harry Bloomfield, Esq. formulated :
There is no audio picked up by either earbud, the Iphone mic is disabled, so
the other party hears total silence.

Got it....

Both buds need to be powered on together, then go through the pairing
process - the mica do work after that!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I don't know but I bought a set of over the ear phones which supposedly had
a microphone, it turned out to be inside a little push switch on the mobile
phone cable, which of course is only plugged into the phones when you want
to connect them to a phone. The other issue is, unless they say made for
Iphone and have the lightening adaptor, some adaptors you buy are merely
headphone adaptors and do not pass through the microphone, even if it
exists.

Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
Harry Bloomfield; "Esq." wrote in message
I bought some inexpensive TWS bluetooth earbuds yesterday, for use with my
Iphone. I paired them and they worked well for music and are supposed to
have a mic in each bud, so either one or both can be used for phone calls,
except...

There is no audio picked up by either earbud, the Iphone mic is disabled,
so the other party hears total silence.

Is there a setting I might have missed?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff (Sofa) formulated the question :
I don't know but I bought a set of over the ear phones which supposedly had a
microphone, it turned out to be inside a little push switch on the mobile
phone cable, which of course is only plugged into the phones when you want to
connect them to a phone. The other issue is, unless they say made for Iphone
and have the lightening adaptor, some adaptors you buy are merely headphone
adaptors and do not pass through the microphone, even if it exists.

These are just an earbud, an in ear gadget, no wires at all on the
them. They have a tiny built in rechargeable battery and connect to the
phone or etc. by bluetooth.

One I managed to get the mic working, I was advised when testing, that
the mic audio was hopeless, so I have returned then for a refund.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield, Esq. wrote in
:

Brian Gaff (Sofa) formulated the question :
I don't know but I bought a set of over the ear phones which
supposedly had a microphone, it turned out to be inside a little push
switch on the mobile phone cable, which of course is only plugged
into the phones when you want to connect them to a phone. The other
issue is, unless they say made for Iphone and have the lightening
adaptor, some adaptors you buy are merely headphone adaptors and do
not pass through the microphone, even if it exists.

These are just an earbud, an in ear gadget, no wires at all on the
them. They have a tiny built in rechargeable battery and connect to
the phone or etc. by bluetooth.

One I managed to get the mic working, I was advised when testing, that
the mic audio was hopeless, so I have returned then for a refund.

How could a mic in your ear ever be any good?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/10/2020 12:16, JohnP wrote:
[...]

Bone conduction I suppose.

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
One I managed to get the mic working, I was advised when testing, that
the mic audio was hopeless, so I have returned then for a refund.

Not really surprising, given where your mouth is. ;-)

--
*Many people quit looking for work when they find a job *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Max Demian wrote:
[...]

Might get some of the lower frequencies. But the higher ones in speech are
critical for clarity.

Zoom has a handy feature for testing your mic. It will record a few
seconds then play it back. Try that with the mic in a sensible position,
then in your ear. See if you can tell the difference. ;-)

--
*Two wrongs are only the beginning *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 02 Oct 2020 14:02:43 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

One I managed to get the mic working, I was advised when

testing,
that the mic audio was hopeless, so I have returned then for a
refund.

How could a mic in your ear ever be any good?

In the ear canal is probably sub-optimal.

Bone conduction I suppose.

Needs fairly high pressure betwixt bone and transducer to get good
conduction. Flesh is rather soft and squishy.

Might get some of the lower frequencies. But the higher ones in speech
are critical for clarity.

Did you never try a small personal mic bobby pined at the hair line?
Very good and of course no chnage of quality with head turns that you
get with a chest mounted personal. I think it works so well as it's
utilising the pressure zone effect that you get close to a sound
reflective surface.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article l.net,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
Did you never try a small personal mic bobby pined at the hair line?
Very good and of course no chnage of quality with head turns that you
get with a chest mounted personal.

They can be reasonable. But you may have noticed that boom mics placing
the mic very close to the mouth are now used instead in the theatre.

I think it works so well as it's
utilising the pressure zone effect that you get close to a sound
reflective surface.

--
*I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 02 Oct 2020 15:02:59 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Did you never try a small personal mic bobby pined at the hair

line?
Very good and of course no chnage of quality with head turns that

you
get with a chest mounted personal.

They can be reasonable. But you may have noticed that boom mics placing
the mic very close to the mouth are now used instead in the theatre.

Not that close normally mid cheek otherwise you get blasting. Also
poping on a DPA is a lot less hassle and far quicker than than hiding
the cable through the hair and fixing the mic at hairline.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

JohnP was thinking very hard :
How could a mic in your ear ever be any good?

It is not in your ear.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield, Esq. wrote in news:rl9904$pb0$1
@dont-email.me:

JohnP was thinking very hard :
How could a mic in your ear ever be any good?

It is not in your ear.

Ear location then.