Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default No mic - TWS bluetooth earbuds

On Fri, 02 Oct 2020 14:02:43 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

One I managed to get the mic working, I was advised when

testing,
that the mic audio was hopeless, so I have returned then for a
refund.

How could a mic in your ear ever be any good?

In the ear canal is probably sub-optimal.

Bone conduction I suppose.

Needs fairly high pressure betwixt bone and transducer to get good
conduction. Flesh is rather soft and squishy.

Might get some of the lower frequencies. But the higher ones in speech
are critical for clarity.

Did you never try a small personal mic bobby pined at the hair line?
Very good and of course no chnage of quality with head turns that you
get with a chest mounted personal. I think it works so well as it's
utilising the pressure zone effect that you get close to a sound
reflective surface.

--
Cheers
Dave.