Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default You know you're getting old....

In article ,
michael adams wrote:
Perhaps you think East Enders is made on real locations too?

Why would I think that ? As it is, you're only claiming special
knowledge because the set rebuilds at Elstree always feature prominently
with big picture spreads in your "Sun" or "Daily Star".

I gave you a clue in the bit you selectively clipped in my last post.

Only you will know why you did this.

--
*To steal ideas from *one* person is plagiarism; from many, research*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

Even the Bond films contain a great deal of 'studio'.

Get away ! And there was me thinking they tracked down all
these characters bent on world domination, and arranged to hire
their top secret HQ's for a couple of weeks, possibly while
they were all away on holiday.

michael adams

Harry Salzman who persuaded Cubby Broccoli to invest
alongside him in Bond, was also a producer of most
of the Woodfall Films and the Harry Palmer series .
Despite all these successes he overborrowed and was
declared bankrupt at some point.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

michael adams wrote:
Perhaps you think East Enders is made on real locations too?

Why would I think that ? As it is, you're only claiming special
knowledge because the set rebuilds at Elstree always feature prominently
with big picture spreads in your "Sun" or "Daily Star".

I gave you a clue in the bit you selectively clipped in my last post.

Which bit ? Here it all is again.

quote

Of course. It's fiction - not a documentary. You choose the locations to
suit the plot (and convenience) - not the other way round. Obviously with
Morse etc meant to be in Oxford, you'd use the real locations where it
matters.

In "Saturday Night and
Sunsday Morning" on their way to go fishing Arthur and the Norman
Rossiter character walk down to a canal bank in a scene verified as
being in Nottingham, but when they sit down by the canal, that scene was
shot in Greenford in West London. The Rockware Glass shed is clearly
visible once you look. The final scene where Arthur and Shirley Anne
Field look over to the where new houses were being built was in West
London too,

The Bill, which I worked on a lot, had three different bases over the
years some 10 miles apart. Yet nominally the same area. Obviously it used
locations close to base where it didn't much matter. As do all such
things.

Again interiors could be anywhere. The big room in "Taste of Honey"
which Rita Tushingham rents in Salford, was actually a scenery workshop
of the English Stage Company in London.

Perhaps you think East Enders is made on real locations too?

quote

Only you will know why you did this.

I clipped it because it was irrelevant.

But I've re-instated it so as to give you the chance to explain
exactly what *you posted* which would in any way affect the
question as to whether or not I thought Eastenders was made on
real locations or not.

Quite frankly, only someone who'd been in a coma for the past 20 years
or had profound learning difficulties could ever imagine that
Eastenders was made on location.

But no ! Its all explained in something you posted. So go ahead
what was it ?

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/09/2020 15:50, S Viemeister wrote:

My favourites - both for the casting and production values - are the
original Joan Hickson TV ones. She really does fit the description of a
little old lady.

Agreed. She fits my mental image of the character in the books.
Rutherford always seemed to be over-acting.

And Julia wots it was just plain awful.

McEwan was a very acceptable second best to Hickson

look exactly the same afterwards."

Billy Connolly
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 17/09/2020 12:31, R D S wrote:
(Vaguely on topic)

....when you're killing a few minutes watching some smut online and
you're thinking "nice staircase but the varnishing on that newel is a
bit patchy".

Bad days!

I knew I was getting old when I could no longer bite my own toe nails.

--
Adam