Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default bbc 1 fake Britain

good prog on now about fake Pyro glass
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/09/2020 19:39, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
good prog on now about fake Pyro glass

ha ha the guy got two years....ha ha nectar cards next.....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/09/2020 19:41, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 16/09/2020 19:39, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
good prog on now about fake Pyro glass

ha ha the guy got two years....ha ha nectar cards next.....

well nectar cards no good then obviously easy to steel....next sainsbury
punter that asks me is going to get an ear full.....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/09/2020 19:44, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 16/09/2020 19:41, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 16/09/2020 19:39, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
good prog on now about fake Pyro glass

ha ha the guy got two years....ha ha nectar cards next.....

well nectar cards no good then obviously easy to steel....next sainsbury
punter that asks me is going to get an ear full.....

the dark web to blame...no wonder I hate computers....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 16 September 2020 19:39:01 UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
good prog on now about fake Pyro glass

It's several years old, and a repeat.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-38596028

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/09/2020 19:39:04, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
good prog on now about fake Pyro glass

What is fake?

Do you mean where borosilicate glass isn't borosilicate glass, or are
you confusing the trade name "Pyrex" with borosilicate glass assuming
they are one and the same?

If it doesn't say borosilicate glass you really ought to assume it is
soda glass.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Fredxx Wrote in message:
On 16/09/2020 19:39:04, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
good prog on now about fake Pyro glass

What is fake?

Do you mean where borosilicate glass isn't borosilicate glass, or are
you confusing the trade name "Pyrex" with borosilicate glass assuming
they are one and the same?

If it doesn't say borosilicate glass you really ought to assume it is
soda glass.

The difference is between pyrex andPYREX, Pyrex could be either
(or neither).
--

%Profound_observation%

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/09/2020 22:09, Fredxx wrote:
On 16/09/2020 19:39:04, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
good prog on now about fake Pyro glass

What is fake?

Do you mean where borosilicate glass isn't borosilicate glass, or are
you confusing the trade name "Pyrex" with borosilicate glass assuming
they are one and the same?

If it doesn't say borosilicate glass you really ought to assume it is
soda glass.

fire resisting glass used in walls where radiation of heat is not wanted....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/09/2020 04:00, Graham. wrote:
Fredxx Wrote in message:
On 16/09/2020 19:39:04, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
good prog on now about fake Pyro glass

What is fake?

Do you mean where borosilicate glass isn't borosilicate glass, or are
you confusing the trade name "Pyrex" with borosilicate glass assuming
they are one and the same?

If it doesn't say borosilicate glass you really ought to assume it is
soda glass.

The difference is between pyrex and
PYREX, Pyrex could be either
(or neither).

what had pyrex got to do with it ? ....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Graham. was thinking very hard :
The difference is between pyrex and
PYREX, Pyrex could be either
(or neither).

It was pyro glass. 'Pyro' as in fire.

Ordinary glass was being relabelled as fire resistant, for use in
buildings by an unscrupulous scammer. The Titanic museum was one
location which used the glass.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/09/2020 12:44, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Graham. was thinking very hard :
The difference is between pyrex and
PYREX,* Pyrex could be either
*(or neither).

It was pyro glass. 'Pyro' as in fire.

Ordinary glass was being relabelled as fire resistant, for use in
buildings by an unscrupulous scammer. The Titanic museum was one
location which used the glass.

the genuine stuff is very expensive and people used to get heart attacks
when I suggested it.....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Fredxx Wrote in message:
On 16/09/2020 19:39:04, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
good prog on now about fake Pyro glass

What is fake?

Do you mean where borosilicate glass isn't borosilicate glass, or are
you confusing the trade name "Pyrex" with borosilicate glass assuming
they are one and the same?

If it doesn't say borosilicate glass you really ought to assume it is
soda glass.

The difference is between pyrex and
PYREX,Â* Pyrex could be either
Â* (or neither).

what had pyrex got to do with it ? ....

As much as any other post given the scant information you provide.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/09/2020 12:44:57, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Graham. was thinking very hard :
The difference is between pyrex and
PYREX,* Pyrex could be either
*(or neither).

It was pyro glass. 'Pyro' as in fire.

Ordinary glass was being relabelled as fire resistant, for use in
buildings by an unscrupulous scammer. The Titanic museum was one
location which used the glass.

Thanks you. Shame Jim hadn't thought to enlighten us to his thoughts.
Also given his poor spelling I assumed, wrongly, he meant pyrex.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/09/2020 13:34, Fredxx wrote:
On 17/09/2020 12:44:57, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Graham. was thinking very hard :
The difference is between pyrex and
PYREX,* Pyrex could be either
*(or neither).

It was pyro glass. 'Pyro' as in fire.

Ordinary glass was being relabelled as fire resistant, for use in
buildings by an unscrupulous scammer. The Titanic museum was one
location which used the glass.

Thanks you. Shame Jim hadn't thought to enlighten us to his thoughts.
Also given his poor spelling I assumed, wrongly, he meant pyrex.

could you not just turn on the telly?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/09/2020 14:49:20, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 17/09/2020 13:34, Fredxx wrote:
On 17/09/2020 12:44:57, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Graham. was thinking very hard :
The difference is between pyrex and
PYREX,* Pyrex could be either
*(or neither).

It was pyro glass. 'Pyro' as in fire.

Ordinary glass was being relabelled as fire resistant, for use in
buildings by an unscrupulous scammer. The Titanic museum was one
location which used the glass.

Thanks you. Shame Jim hadn't thought to enlighten us to his thoughts.
Also given his poor spelling I assumed, wrongly, he meant pyrex.

could you not just turn on the telly?

It may well be turned on. How does that help?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/09/2020 15:50, Fredxx wrote:
On 17/09/2020 14:49:20, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 17/09/2020 13:34, Fredxx wrote:
On 17/09/2020 12:44:57, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Graham. was thinking very hard :
The difference is between pyrex and
PYREX,* Pyrex could be either
*(or neither).

It was pyro glass. 'Pyro' as in fire.

Ordinary glass was being relabelled as fire resistant, for use in
buildings by an unscrupulous scammer. The Titanic museum was one
location which used the glass.

Thanks you. Shame Jim hadn't thought to enlighten us to his thoughts.
Also given his poor spelling I assumed, wrongly, he meant pyrex.

could you not just turn on the telly?

It may well be turned on. How does that help?

what part of bbc1 fake Britain did you not understand ? .....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/09/2020 10:47, Graham. wrote:
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." Wrote in message:
On 17/09/2020 13:34, Fredxx wrote:
On 17/09/2020 12:44:57, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Graham. was thinking very hard :
The difference is between pyrex and
PYREX, Pyrex could be either
(or neither).

It was pyro glass. 'Pyro' as in fire.

Ordinary glass was being relabelled as fire resistant, for use in
buildings by an unscrupulous scammer. The Titanic museum was one
location which used the glass.

Thanks you. Shame Jim hadn't thought to enlighten us to his thoughts.
Also given his poor spelling I assumed, wrongly, he meant pyrex.

could you not just turn on the telly?

Depends,
https://www.earlytelevision.org/racs_pyrex_rebuild.html

funny ha ha