Nick

Default central heating installation (nottingham)

I have recently moved into a two up two down terraced property that
has no central heating. I would therefore like to have this installed
(not confident enough with plumbing so therefore certainly not going
to tackle gas).

I have read many of the previous posts on central heating and have
gained a reasonable understanding of what I would like/require and
what the raw material costs are.

Therefore can anybody recommend a heating engineer in Nottingham (I
live in the Beeston area if that narrows it down)

Thanks in advance

Nick
Christian McArdle

I have recently moved into a two up two down terraced property that
has no central heating. I would therefore like to have this installed
(not confident enough with plumbing so therefore certainly not going
to tackle gas).

One alternative, if you would like to get confident with plumbing, is to
install the system yourself but get the plumber to install the boiler.
Installing radiators and pipework really isn't very difficult. Lifting the
floorboards is the the hardest bit. For a completely new installation, you
could use plastic pipework (except the 20cm visible final run to the rad
which can be chromed copper) and run an easily subzoned manifold style
system. The amount you save in installation costs would easily pay for
programmable thermostats and zone valves for every room, along with fancy
vertical radiators and kitchen fan convectors, rather than a bog standard Y
plan with standard rads.

Christian.

Rayburn integrated into central heating David Cawkwell UK diy 2 February 8th 05 06:23 PM
Hot Air Central Heating ron UK diy 6 January 17th 04 02:43 PM
No central heating - HW only threewayvalve and tank therm John UK diy 7 September 29th 03 09:18 AM
Pool water in central heating system Andy Hall UK diy 1 September 2nd 03 05:01 PM
Further to my last post entitled 'Flushing and treating central heating question' David W.E. Roberts UK diy 0 July 29th 03 07:15 PM