Newberry

Default SANYO TV 4:3

Hello I've just taken receipt of a new Sanyo 25" TV and it doesn't work.
The standby light comes on and nothing else happens.

Any help would be appreciated as I am unable to contact somebody official
before tomorrow

--
Take DOG out of address to email

Dave Plowman (News)

In article 412b8749$0$26444$afc38c87@vipnews,
Newberry wrote:
Hello I've just taken receipt of a new Sanyo 25" TV and it doesn't work.
The standby light comes on and nothing else happens.

Try pressing one of the channel buttons for a while? Does the standby
light flash if you do this? Some take a goodly time to come out of standby
- my Panasonic requires a press of several seconds to do so.

--
*Cover me. I'm changing lanes.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Newberry

Thanks for replying Dave,
but nothing happens.

When I press the power button a red light comes, quite dim at first then
becomes brighter after a second.
I believe this means the set has gone into standby.

The manual says a welcome screen should be displayed on first power up, but
the set doesn't appear to working.

Newberry wrote:
Hello I've just taken receipt of a new Sanyo 25" TV and it doesn't work.
The standby light comes on and nothing else happens.

Try pressing one of the channel buttons for a while? Does the standby
light flash if you do this? Some take a goodly time to come out of standby
- my Panasonic requires a press of several seconds to do so.

--
*Cover me. I'm changing lanes.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

logized

Newberry wrote:
Hello I've just taken receipt of a new Sanyo 25" TV and it doesn't

work.
The standby light comes on and nothing else happens.

Try pressing one of the channel buttons for a while? Does the standby
light flash if you do this? Some take a goodly time to come out of

standby
- my Panasonic requires a press of several seconds to do so.

--
*Cover me. I'm changing lanes.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Did you press the channel button on the remote or the set? - if remote, try
the set buttons or change the remote batteries.

Dave

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Arthur wrote:
Might be a Dew protection cut out. Perhaps a few hours more to lose any
condensation inside.

On a TV?

--
*When companies ship Styrofoam, what do they pack it in? *