D.M. Procida

Default Waterproofing a parachute

What can I do to make a parachute a little more impermeable to rain?
I've got one arranged over the hammock in the garden.

I don't want anything that will spoil its lovely soft billowing, and it
doesn't have to be completely impervious.

Daniele
--
Apple Juice Ltd
Chapter Arts Centre
The Natural Philosopher

D.M. Procida wrote:

What can I do to make a parachute a little more impermeable to rain?
I've got one arranged over the hammock in the garden.

I don't want anything that will spoil its lovely soft billowing, and it
doesn't have to be completely impervious.

Daniele

Very hard to achieve without losing some flexibility.

Linseed oil thinned down may work.

Or whatever it is that they use on barbour jackets...

Cicero

"D.M. Procida" wrote in
message
What can I do to make a parachute a little more impermeable to rain?
I've got one arranged over the hammock in the garden.

I don't want anything that will spoil its lovely soft billowing, and it
doesn't have to be completely impervious.

Daniele
--

snipped

=================
Look in a camping / tent shop for 'Nev' water proofing liquid. Or try
'googling' for 'Nev' which should give you some more information about other
similar products before you buy.

Cic.

Gordon Henderson

In article ,
Cicero wrote:

"D.M. Procida" wrote in
message
What can I do to make a parachute a little more impermeable to rain?
I've got one arranged over the hammock in the garden.

I don't want anything that will spoil its lovely soft billowing, and it
doesn't have to be completely impervious.

Look in a camping / tent shop for 'Nev' water proofing liquid. Or try
'googling' for 'Nev' which should give you some more information about other
similar products before you buy.

Seconded. If you can't find that look for some of the Nikwax products
(they are not waxy!) Look for the stuff for Paramo jackets...

Gordon
FrancisJK

"D.M. Procida" wrote in
message
What can I do to make a parachute a little more impermeable to rain?
I've got one arranged over the hammock in the garden.

I don't want anything that will spoil its lovely soft billowing, and it
doesn't have to be completely impervious.

Daniele
--
Apple Juice Ltd
Chapter Arts Centre
Market Road www.apple-juice.co.uk
Cardiff CF5 1QE 029 2019 0140

Is it so you won't get wet on the way down?!

Francis

D.M. Procida

FrancisJK wrote:

I don't want anything that will spoil its lovely soft billowing, and it
doesn't have to be completely impervious.

Is it so you won't get wet on the way down?!

I've not tried going down in the hammock, but in fact you can manage all
kinds of things if you want to.

Daniele
--
Apple Juice Ltd
Chapter Arts Centre
Market Road www.apple-juice.co.uk
Cardiff CF5 1QE 029 2019 0140
D.M. Procida

adder wrote:

Your not the same Daniele I bought a Metro off near Cantrerbury in the
mid-90's are you???!

Probably. It would be too much of a coincidence otherwise I suspect.

Daniele
--
Apple Juice Ltd
Chapter Arts Centre
Market Road www.apple-juice.co.uk
Cardiff CF5 1QE 029 2019 0140

FrancisJK

"D.M. Procida" wrote in
message
FrancisJK wrote:

I don't want anything that will spoil its lovely soft billowing, and

it
doesn't have to be completely impervious.

Is it so you won't get wet on the way down?!

I've not tried going down in the hammock, but in fact you can manage all
kinds of things if you want to.

Daniele
--
Apple Juice Ltd
Chapter Arts Centre
Market Road www.apple-juice.co.uk
Cardiff CF5 1QE 029 2019 0140

How do you get down off a hammock?

Francis

Badger

FrancisJK wrote:

I don't want anything that will spoil its lovely soft billowing, and

it

doesn't have to be completely impervious.

Grangers Fabsil, not cheap, but good stuff!

Zikki Malambo

"FrancisJK" wrote in message ...

How do you get down off a hammock?

You dont! You get it off a duck!