Chang

Default jackhammer damage and basement waterproofing?

My unfinished basement currently floods after heavy rainfall, even after
paying a professional waterproofing contractor $4200. Since I have I life
time guarantee, they said they may need to create a trench around the inside
perimeter of the basement wall and drain the water into a pump.

The contractor said they would use a jackhammer on the edge where the walls
and floor meet to create this trench.

Now, I have some questions about this ....

Would all this pounding cause damage to the house since the drilling is done
so close to the foundation footing?

Also, later on, I'm thinkiing about covering my unfinished basement walls
with drywall. Would moisture and mold develop between the basement wall and
the drywall?

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

mark Ransley

If you paid 4200 what did you get, it seems as if your lifetime
warranty is being tested, are they going to do the work for free. where
does the water come in. How high is your water table ,If it floods only
after a rain grading and your gutters may be an issue. Im not sure an
interior drain is the right thing. mold will be a problem until it stays
dry

mark Ransley

I think you are being screwed,,,,, and need to talk to someone that is
unbiased such as the city bldg. dept,,,,,