Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
John

Default Candy Oven Door

An elderly friend has a Candy double oven (MOD 1F 30M UK No 129535593) -
about 7 years old. The top oven door lifts on a sort of spring assisted
parallel link mechanism. The spring is a little weaker than we would like
and the door will not stay in the raised position without wedging it.

I have taken the door panel off and the springs seem quite powerful and
balanced on both sides. (Perhaps I need to drill some lightening holes in
the door!!!)

I guess that to access the linkage I will need to remove the oven. I don't
want to do this if I will then not be able to make any adjustments. Please -
has anyone any advice?

--

Regards

John