Jon Read

Default Weatherstrip for uPVC door

Hi all,

I've been searching high and low for such a thing, but can't seem to
find any.

The stuff I'm looking for fits into a small (1-2mm wide) channel
that's moulded into the door frame. It seems to be construced from some
sort of foam covered by a flexible nylon-like sheath, which I presume
makes it waterproof.

The door compresses this against the frame to provide a seal.

I need some to replace the stuff that's got ripped in my front door -
any ideas of a possible source?

Many thanks,
Jon
chris French

In message , Jon Read
writes
Hi all,

I've been searching high and low for such a thing,

What exactly?

Ahh if I stop my flow and read the title again I can see....

(helps to put it in the message as well)

but can't seem to
find any.

The stuff I'm looking for fits into a small (1-2mm wide) channel
that's moulded into the door frame.

Some where that supplies UPVC doors?

There are normally factory places that will supply doors only for DIY
fitting, I'd have thought they may well have it.
--
Chris French, Leeds
Essjay001

Jon

Goggle 'Deceunink' Its a belgian company with a factory in CALNE Wiltshire.
They produce a thousand different uPVC profiles.

Steve R

Jon Read wrote:
Hi all,

I've been searching high and low for such a thing, but can't seem to
find any.

The stuff I'm looking for fits into a small (1-2mm wide) channel
that's moulded into the door frame. It seems to be construced from
some sort of foam covered by a flexible nylon-like sheath, which I
presume makes it waterproof.

The door compresses this against the frame to provide a seal.

I need some to replace the stuff that's got ripped in my front door -
any ideas of a possible source?

Many thanks,
Jon

--

Steve R

---
One piece, one button suit, timeless fashion. All made by the same
manufacturer, no designer label, everybody has one.

Wood or uPVC front door Lee Blaver UK diy 7 July 31st 03 09:59 PM
Door lintel help please Icky UK diy 4 July 20th 03 03:48 PM
Which Garage Door Lubricant? Andy UK diy 9 July 15th 03 11:54 PM
Freezer Door seals Chris Melluish UK diy 2 July 9th 03 09:07 AM
metal clad front door [email protected] UK diy 2 July 9th 03 08:57 AM