Stuart

Default Cold and Painting

Is there a cold temperature limit to painting (oil Based). It is
resantly -4C here and perfectly dry and I am about to start painting
outside, will the paint cure properly?

Michael McNeil

"Stuart" wrote in message

Is there a cold temperature limit to painting (oil Based). It was
recently -4C here and perfectly dry and I am about to start painting
outside, will the paint cure properly?

There shouldn't be a problem if there is no moisture on the work. If
there is the slightest amount frozen in, your paint will come off in a
few months if not sooner. Why on earth are you in such an hurry?

Harry Bloomfield

On 28/02/2004 Stuart opined:-
Is there a cold temperature limit to painting (oil Based). It is
resantly -4C here and perfectly dry and I am about to start painting
outside, will the paint cure properly?

Certainly not a good idea....

I assume the items you intend painting are wood, which will likely be
at their highest moisture level at this time of year as well as. I
usually leave outdoor painting to the cooler but dry days of the late
summer.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Stuart

"Michael McNeil" wrote in message
news:fde2f50550f226ca38ed77531a788caa.45219@mygate .mailgate.org...
"Stuart" wrote in message

Is there a cold temperature limit to painting (oil Based). It was
recently -4C here and perfectly dry and I am about to start painting
outside, will the paint cure properly?

There shouldn't be a problem if there is no moisture on the work. If
there is the slightest amount frozen in, your paint will come off in a
few months if not sooner.

I was painting guttering!.......ran a blow tourch over just before painting
to eliminate any dampness, especially arond joints!

Why on earth are you in such an hurry?

It has to be finnished by Tuesday!

Painting outside walls-Help? - UK diy 11 October 24th 03 09:12 PM
Painting copper pipe NC UK diy 7 August 18th 03 09:09 AM