Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Digital Camera Repairer recommendation (uk d-I-y, but not DIY)

Hi All,

My daughter has a cannon DSLR and a couple of lenses.

They all packed in about 8 years ago (maybe with a little help) shortly after warranty expiration.

Jessops response was that repair wasnt possible / economical.

Im sure someone shared details of a reasonably priced repairer either here or nearby.

Do any of youse know of anyone??

Best regards

Chris

Posted to uk.d-i-y

williamwright wrote:

Is there are modern one that takes the same lenses?

Broadly any 2 or 3 digit EOS camera will take any EF or EF-S lens.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I sometimes cringe when I see the way that some people treat good cameras.
I think some people have them as expensive status gifts - when they would
have been better to have has a compact or even a phone. Seeing them on a
beach or out in the rain - or worse - kids with their fingers on the lens.