Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Digital Camera Repairer recommendation (uk d-I-y, but not DIY)

On 28/06/2020 12:19, wrote:
Hi All,

My daughter has a cannon DSLR and a couple of lenses.

They all packed in about 8 years ago (maybe with a little help) shortly after warranty expiration.

Jessops response was that repair wasnt possible / economical.

They are very probably right. If it is one of the common shutter wear
alignment faults you might be able to find the details to execute a DIY
repair. At least with digital cameras you don't have a huge spring and
myriad small parts that that all fly out when you undo the last screw.

Im sure someone shared details of a reasonably priced repairer either here or nearby.

Do any of youse know of anyone??

Depends what you consider reasonable. They typically charge around £100
just to strip it down and assess it then time and materials to repair.

TBH a decade old high end DSLR camera will be left standing by newer
models so unless it has sentimental value Jessops were probably right.
How did they manage to wreck the lenses?

--
Regards,
Martin Brown