Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Digital Camera Repairer recommendation (uk d-I-y, but not DIY)

wrote:

My daughter has a cannon DSLR and a couple of lenses.
They all packed in about 8 years ago (maybe with a little help) shortly after warranty expiration.

So, I'm assuming something between a 400D to 550D at about 10 years old?
Maybe a 40D or 50D if she was lucky ...

Jessops response was that repair wasnt possible / economical.

Quite possibly the correct answer, more-so now than then

Im sure someone shared details of a reasonably priced repairer either here or nearby.
Do any of youse know of anyone??

This is not a recommendation

https://www.fixationuk.com/canon-repair/

but I'd read into it that parts are no longer available for models they
list as "cleaning only" or that they don't list at all ... plenty on
eBay either body-only or with the kit lens under a ton