Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ivy and brickwork

After it growing for over 25 years I took down the ivy that had covered the
side wall of the garage. I am left with grey marks from where the ivy's
tentrills had stuck to the brick. The bricks are fairly textured.

Any ideas for cleaning it off?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/05/2020 17:19, John wrote:
After it growing for over 25 years I took down the ivy that had covered the
side wall of the garage. I am left with grey marks from where the ivy's
tentrills had stuck to the brick. The bricks are fairly textured.

Any ideas for cleaning it off?

just did that the other day....a high pressure water jet from a kracher
gets it off no bother at all...only way

https://www.avg.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/05/2020 17:53, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 30/05/2020 17:19, John wrote:
After it growing for over 25 years I took down the ivy that had
covered the
side wall of the garage. I am left with grey marks from where the ivy's
tentrills had stuck to the brick. The bricks are fairly textured.

Any ideas for cleaning it off?

just did that the other day....a high pressure water jet from a kracher
gets it off no bother at all...only way

you wouldn't even know it had ever been there....

https://www.avg.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in newsdwAG.503121
:

On 30/05/2020 17:19, John wrote:
After it growing for over 25 years I took down the ivy that had
covered the
side wall of the garage. I am left with grey marks from where the

ivy's
tentrills had stuck to the brick. The bricks are fairly textured.

Any ideas for cleaning it off?

just did that the other day....a high pressure water jet from a

kracher
gets it off no bother at all...only way

you wouldn't even know it had ever been there....

Encouraging. Hate the faf of getting the damned thing out and the Vario
lance seems to have failed - but I have the one that does the swirling.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/05/2020 17:19, John wrote:
After it growing for over 25 years I took down the ivy that had
covered the
side wall of the garage. I am left with grey marks from where the

ivy's
tentrills had stuck to the brick. The bricks are fairly textured.

Any ideas for cleaning it off?

just did that the other day....a high pressure water jet from a

kracher
gets it off no bother at all...only way

you wouldn't even know it had ever been there....

Encouraging. Hate the faf of getting the damned thing out and the Vario
lance seems to have failed - but I have the one that does the swirling.

yes that twirly trangular shaped end dirt blaster ? one is what you need....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160Bar-Di....c100010.m2109

https://www.avg.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/05/2020 17:19, John wrote:
After it growing for over 25 years I took down the ivy that had covered the
side wall of the garage. I am left with grey marks from where the ivy's
tentrills had stuck to the brick. The bricks are fairly textured.

Any ideas for cleaning it off?

(tendrils)
leave it a year and then pressure wash it

--
Renewable energy: Expensive solutions that don't work to a problem that
doesn't exist instituted by self legalising protection rackets that

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks for the encouragement - I used the KArcher and it worked a treat. 30
mins and the wall looks like new.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/05/2020 11:42, John wrote:
Thanks for the encouragement - I used the KArcher and it worked a treat. 30
mins and the wall looks like new.

told ya...tee hee....I tried scapping and all sorts then I tried the
karcher....job done
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 30 May 2020 17:19:05 UTC+1, John wrote:
After it growing for over 25 years I took down the ivy that had covered the
side wall of the garage. I am left with grey marks from where the ivy's
tentrills had stuck to the brick. The bricks are fairly textured.

Any ideas for cleaning it off?

Time gets rid of it. If you're in no rush, just forget it.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Time gets rid of it. If you're in no rush, just forget it.

Dunno, neighbour of mine took some down a few years ago and you can still see all the marks. Might lend him my Karcher and see how it goes.

Richard

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/06/2020 09:09, Tricky Dicky wrote:
Time gets rid of it. If you're in no rush, just forget it.

Dunno, neighbour of mine took some down a few years ago and you can still see all the marks. Might lend him my Karcher and see how it goes.

Richard

it will go using that

https://www.avg.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 1 June 2020 09:09:08 UTC+1, Tricky Dicky wrote:

NT:
Time gets rid of it. If you're in no rush, just forget it.

Dunno, neighbour of mine took some down a few years ago and you can still see all the marks. Might lend him my Karcher and see how it goes.

Richard

IME it takes about a year for the bulk of the stems to drop off. Bits remain for years more, but they do go. They're also friable after a year so I'd expect should be readily presure-off-able.

NT