Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fixings into concrete fence post

I'm planning to hang a pair of wooden garden gates between the house wall on one side and a concrete fence post on the other. The hinge posts (i.e. the wooden post fixed to both the wall and the fence post) will be 70mm square and approx 1.7m high hardwood. I'm thinking of 4 fixings for each post. Any suggestions re the type and size of plugs/screws?

Yes, I understand about the problems drilling into concrete fence posts. I don't have an SDS drill but could probably borrow one or hire one if absolutely necessary.

It's the type and size of fixing that I'm not certain about.

TIA
Pete