Posted to uk.d-i-y
williamwright williamwright is offline

Default Fixings into concrete fence post

On 13/05/2020 19:32, petek wrote:
I'm planning to hang a pair of wooden garden gates between the house wall on one side and a concrete fence post on the other. The hinge posts (i.e. the wooden post fixed to both the wall and the fence post) will be 70mm square and approx 1.7m high hardwood. I'm thinking of 4 fixings for each post. Any suggestions re the type and size of plugs/screws?

Yes, I understand about the problems drilling into concrete fence posts. I don't have an SDS drill but could probably borrow one or hire one if absolutely necessary.

It's the type and size of fixing that I'm not certain about.

TIA
Pete

If you drill anywhere near the edge the concrete will shell off.

Bill