Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Friggin' b&d scorpion

Tried to put a new blade in mine today to cut some decking and couldn't
get it to stay in place...any ideas ? .... looks like a stupid
arrangement ....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/05/2020 14:40, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Tried to put a new blade in mine today to cut some decking and couldn't
get it to stay in place...any ideasÂ* ? .... looks like a stupid
arrangement ....

Take it the charity shop. When they ask you why you are
donating it, Tell them you are too stupid to be how to
work out how to put a blade in it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/05/2020 14:43, GB wrote:
On 13/05/2020 14:40, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Tried to put a new blade in mine today to cut some decking and
couldn't get it to stay in place...any ideasÂ* ? .... looks like a

--

That is where I got it ....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 13 May 2020 14:40:35 UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Tried to put a new blade in mine today to cut some decking and couldn't
get it to stay in place...any ideas ? .... looks like a stupid
arrangement ....

Yes, I have an idea. Show us a relevant photo or instruction booklet diagram.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
wrote:
On Wednesday, 13 May 2020 14:40:35 UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Tried to put a new blade in mine today to cut some decking and couldn't
get it to stay in place...any ideas ? .... looks like a stupid
arrangement ....

Yes, I have an idea. Show us a relevant photo or instruction booklet diagram.

One my saws like that uses an allen keyed screw to hold the blade in place.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 13 May 2020 14:40:33 +0100, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
wrote:

Tried to put a new blade in mine today to cut some decking and couldn't
get it to stay in place...any ideas ? .... looks like a stupid
arrangement ....

Seems easy enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTZL2omZuGw
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

Tried to put a new blade in mine today to cut some decking and couldn't
get it to stay in place...any ideas ? .... looks like a stupid
arrangement ....

Just looked at a youtube video of how to do it and it looks very easy.
OTOH if it doesn't work it is either bunged up with muck, or a plastic
bit (or spring) is broken. Did it have a blade in when you bought it?
If not it is very consistent with brokenness.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/05/2020 21:48, charles wrote:
In article ,
wrote:
On Wednesday, 13 May 2020 14:40:35 UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Tried to put a new blade in mine today to cut some decking and couldn't
get it to stay in place...any ideas ? .... looks like a stupid
arrangement ....

Yes, I have an idea. Show us a relevant photo or instruction booklet diagram.

One my saws like that uses an allen keyed screw to hold the blade in place.

the scorpion doesn't
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Tried to put a new blade in mine today to cut some decking and couldn't
get it to stay in place...any ideas ? .... looks like a stupid
arrangement ....

Seems easy enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTZL2omZuGw

it does doesn't it...so why does the blade fall out as soon as you
switch on ? ....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/05/2020 00:43, Roger Hayter wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

Tried to put a new blade in mine today to cut some decking and couldn't
get it to stay in place...any ideas ? .... looks like a stupid
arrangement ....

Just looked at a youtube video of how to do it and it looks very easy.
OTOH if it doesn't work it is either bunged up with muck, or a plastic
bit (or spring) is broken. Did it have a blade in when you bought it?
If not it is very consistent with brokenness.

it did and I used it a lot then went to change it as per instructions
and the new and old blades just fall out....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/05/2020 14:40, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Tried to put a new blade in mine today to cut some decking and couldn't
get it to stay in place...any ideasÂ* ? .... looks like a stupid
arrangement ....

thanks a lot for your input which doesn't help but I was looking for
somebody who had actually changed the blade and not just brilliant
theorists and a joker ....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/05/2020 07:44, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 13/05/2020 14:40, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Tried to put a new blade in mine today to cut some decking and
couldn't get it to stay in place...any ideasÂ* ? .... looks like a
stupid arrangement ....

thanks a lot for your input which doesn't help but I was looking for
somebody who had actually changed the blade and not just brilliant
theorists and a joker ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSH8_zv_LBo

looks so easy doesn't it....so why do both balded on both my scorpions
fall out as soon as you switch on ? .....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Tried to put a new blade in mine today to cut some decking and couldn't
get it to stay in place...any ideas ? .... looks like a stupid
arrangement ....

Seems easy enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTZL2omZuGw

it does doesn't it...so why does the blade fall out as soon as you
switch on ? ....

Probably bunged up with crap. Give it a good broddling with a bit of wire & compressed air if you have any.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Tried to put a new blade in mine today to cut some decking and couldn't
get it to stay in place...any ideas ? .... looks like a stupid
arrangement ....

Seems easy enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTZL2omZuGw

it does doesn't it...so why does the blade fall out as soon as you
switch on ? ....

Probably bunged up with crap. Give it a good broddling with a bit of wire & compressed air if you have any.

nah clean as a a whistle ....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Tried to put a new blade in mine today to cut some decking and couldn't
get it to stay in place...any ideas ? .... looks like a stupid
arrangement ....

Seems easy enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTZL2omZuGw

it does doesn't it...so why does the blade fall out as soon as you
switch on ? ....

Blade not engaged properly or, worst case, something broken? Can you
open it up to get a better idea of how it's supposed to work?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 14/05/2020 07:44, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 13/05/2020 14:40, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Tried to put a new blade in mine today to cut some decking and
couldn't get it to stay in place...any ideas ? .... looks like a
stupid arrangement ....

thanks a lot for your input which doesn't help but I was looking for
somebody who had actually changed the blade and not just brilliant
theorists and a joker ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSH8_zv_LBo

looks so easy doesn't it....so why do both balded on both my scorpions
fall out as soon as you switch on ? .....

Give model number(s).

*******

The blade rotates and locks. The blade has a circular
hole in the very end, implying that is the "pivot".

In order to lock, an axle of some sort has to go through
that hole and prevent the blade from falling out. Which
means the axle has to "advance" as the blade is rotated.

These are not the same kind of blades that fit into
conventional jigsaws, with the square-end on them that
a screw presses on.

The purpose of getting a model number, is to see if
there are any pictures of the "mechanism" that holds
the blade. It may be a replaceable part, and then
a picture of it might reveal how it works. Like if
someone took the saw apart and messed with it...
it could be out-of-sequence and the part that
does the locking is not engaged.

Paul
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/05/2020 07:50, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 14/05/2020 07:44, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 13/05/2020 14:40, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Tried to put a new blade in mine today to cut some decking and
couldn't get it to stay in place...any ideasÂ* ? .... looks like a
stupid arrangement ....

thanks a lot for your input which doesn't help but I was looking for
somebody who had actually changed the blade and not just brilliant
theorists and a joker ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSH8_zv_LBo

looks so easy doesn't it....so why do both balded on both my scorpions
fall out as soon as you switch on ? .....

Does it obviously drop down over that oval-shaped lug ?

Did you hear the click after moving the blade 90 degrees up to the
cutting position ?.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 13/05/2020 14:43, GB wrote:
On 13/05/2020 14:40, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Tried to put a new blade in mine today to cut some decking and
couldn't get it to stay in place...any ideas ? .... looks like a
stupid arrangement ....

Take it the charity shop. When they ask you why you are
donating it, Tell them you are too stupid to be how to
work out how to put a blade in it.

--

That is where I got it ....

I'd guess that's where they all end up if not the tip. One of the most
useless devices ever.

--
*In "Casablanca", Humphrey Bogart never said "Play it again, Sam" *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Tried to put a new blade in mine today to cut some decking and couldn't
get it to stay in place...any ideas ? .... looks like a stupid
arrangement ....

Seems easy enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTZL2omZuGw

it does doesn't it...so why does the blade fall out as soon as you
switch on ? ....

Blade not engaged properly or, worst case, something broken? Can you
open it up to get a better idea of how it's supposed to work?

come on both are doing the same thing with two diferent blades...nothing
obviously broken...will do a video

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 13/05/2020 14:43, GB wrote:
On 13/05/2020 14:40, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Tried to put a new blade in mine today to cut some decking and
couldn't get it to stay in place...any ideas ? .... looks like a
stupid arrangement ....

Take it the charity shop. When they ask you why you are
donating it, Tell them you are too stupid to be how to
work out how to put a blade in it.

--

That is where I got it ....

I'd guess that's where they all end up if not the tip. One of the most
useless devices ever.

I think they are quite good when working just a stupid way to connect a
blade...will do a video...and I bought one new and one second hand
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/05/2020 12:09, Paul wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 14/05/2020 07:44, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 13/05/2020 14:40, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Tried to put a new blade in mine today to cut some decking and
couldn't get it to stay in place...any ideasÂ* ? .... looks like a
stupid arrangement ....

thanks a lot for your input which doesn't help but I was looking for
somebody who had actually changed the blade and not just brilliant
theorists and a joker ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSH8_zv_LBo

looks so easy doesn't it....so why do both balded on both my scorpions
fall out as soon as you switch on ? .....

Give model number(s).

*******

The blade rotates and locks. The blade has a circular
hole in the very end, implying that is the "pivot".

not circular at all...

In order to lock, an axle of some sort has to go through
that hole and prevent the blade from falling out.

and when you push the button it retracts....

Which
means the axle has to "advance" as the blade is rotated.

nah

These are not the same kind of blades that fit into
conventional jigsaws, with the square-end on them that
a screw presses on.

I know I have those...

The purpose of getting a model number, is to see if
there are any pictures of the "mechanism" that holds
the blade. It may be a replaceable part, and then
a picture of it might reveal how it works. Like if
someone took the saw apart and messed with it...
it could be out-of-sequence and the part that
does the locking is not engaged.

Â*Â* Paul

I will do a video as I MUST be doing something wrong.....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/05/2020 12:10, Andrew wrote:
On 14/05/2020 07:50, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 14/05/2020 07:44, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 13/05/2020 14:40, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Tried to put a new blade in mine today to cut some decking and
couldn't get it to stay in place...any ideasÂ* ? .... looks like a
stupid arrangement ....

thanks a lot for your input which doesn't help but I was looking for
somebody who had actually changed the blade and not just brilliant
theorists and a joker ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSH8_zv_LBo

looks so easy doesn't it....so why do both balded on both my scorpions
fall out as soon as you switch on ? .....

Does it obviously drop down over that oval-shaped lug ?

yes but the oval bit retracts when you push the black button .....and
the blade falls out....

Did you hear the click after moving the blade 90 degrees up to the
cutting position ?.

yes but the oval bit is almost fully retracted and the blade still falls
out......somebody MUST have came accross this before...I will do a
video.....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/05/2020 14:53, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
yes but the oval bit retracts when you push the black button .....and
the blade falls out....

Why are you pressing the black button ?. That's for removing a blade.
The video shows the newblade being inserted OVER that over lug and
then rotated 90 degrees. Try NOT touching the black button.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/05/2020 19:55, Andrew wrote:
On 14/05/2020 14:53, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
yes but the oval bit retracts when you push the black button .....and
the blade falls out....

Why are you pressing the black button ?. That's for removing a blade.
The video shows the newblade being inserted OVER that over lug and
then rotated 90 degrees. Try NOT touchingÂ* the black button.

Jim is a ****witt and troll and also wears his wife's underwear when
posting to newsgroups.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/05/2020 19:55, Andrew wrote:
On 14/05/2020 14:53, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
yes but the oval bit retracts when you push the black button .....and
the blade falls out....

Why are you pressing the black button ?. That's for removing a blade.
The video shows the newblade being inserted OVER that over lug and
then rotated 90 degrees. Try NOT touchingÂ* the black button.

that is true ,,,then it falls out...do a video tomorrow,,,,,
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/05/2020 20:12, mm0fmf wrote:
On 15/05/2020 19:55, Andrew wrote:
On 14/05/2020 14:53, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
yes but the oval bit retracts when you push the black button .....and
the blade falls out....

Why are you pressing the black button ?. That's for removing a blade.
The video shows the newblade being inserted OVER that over lug and
then rotated 90 degrees. Try NOT touchingÂ* the black button.

Jim is a ****witt and troll and also wears his wife's underwear when
posting to newsgroups.

you wear a bra to hold your chebs in place......
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/05/2020 22:33, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 15/05/2020 19:55, Andrew wrote:
On 14/05/2020 14:53, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
yes but the oval bit retracts when you push the black button .....and
the blade falls out....

Why are you pressing the black button ?. That's for removing a blade.
The video shows the newblade being inserted OVER that over lug and
then rotated 90 degrees. Try NOT touchingÂ* the black button.

that is true ,,,then it falls out...do a video tomorrow,,,,,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5GNd5_3eO0
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/05/2020 09:22, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 15/05/2020 22:33, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 15/05/2020 19:55, Andrew wrote:
On 14/05/2020 14:53, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
yes but the oval bit retracts when you push the black button
.....and the blade falls out....

Why are you pressing the black button ?. That's for removing a blade.
The video shows the newblade being inserted OVER that over lug and
then rotated 90 degrees. Try NOT touchingÂ* the black button.

that is true ,,,then it falls out...do a video tomorrow,,,,,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5GNd5_3eO0

when the blade falls out you have to turn the oval bit with a
screwdriver or the blad won't fit.....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
On 16/05/2020 09:22, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 15/05/2020 22:33, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 15/05/2020 19:55, Andrew wrote:
On 14/05/2020 14:53, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
yes but the oval bit retracts when you push the black button .....and
the blade falls out....

Why are you pressing the black button ?. That's for removing a blade.
The video shows the newblade being inserted OVER that over lug and
then rotated 90 degrees. Try NOT touching the black button.
that is true ,,,then it falls out...do a video tomorrow,,,,,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5GNd5_3eO0

when the blade falls out you have to turn the oval bit with a screwdriver
or the blad won't fit.....

Clearly there must be a difference. Likely the one that doesnt hold
the blades doesnt reset the blade release properly and you should
be able to see why when you dismantle both mechanisms.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 19:02 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for almost SEVENTEEN HOURS already!!!! LOL

On Sat, 16 May 2020 19:09:52 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/05/2020 10:09, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
On 16/05/2020 09:22, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 15/05/2020 22:33, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 15/05/2020 19:55, Andrew wrote:
On 14/05/2020 14:53, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
yes but the oval bit retracts when you push the black button
.....and the blade falls out....

Why are you pressing the black button ?. That's for removing a blade.
The video shows the newblade being inserted OVER that over lug and
then rotated 90 degrees. Try NOT touchingÂ* the black button.
that is true ,,,then it falls out...do a video tomorrow,,,,,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5GNd5_3eO0

when the blade falls out you have to turn the oval bit with a
screwdriver or the blad won't fit.....

Clearly there must be a difference. Likely the one that doesnt hold
the blades doesnt reset the blade release properly and you should
be able to see why when you dismantle both mechanisms.

I will have ago....probably why whoever sold it to me got rid of it ....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
[...]

Is this the blade clamp ? £5.99

https://i.postimg.cc/Qt2nj6Nt/blade-clamp.gif

I don't see how the release button fits into
that picture, unless the locking action comes
from another piece.

That gap in the metal, is probably what's intended as
a guide, when the blade is rotated into place. If
that metal snaps off, you've got nothing.

I have one B&D dealer here, who are pretty good on parts.
Usually there's one person in the shop, who knows how
this stuff works. There was also a "clueless" assistant,
who couldn't find any carbon brushes for lawnmowers. But
the shop operator sent her off, and then fixed me up. A shop
full of wummins Jim, you'd like it :-) I only needed
to replace one brush, which had twice as much wear as
the other brush (bought two brushes, used one). Brushes
used to be the bane of B&D kit (dead whipper-snippers
by the truckload).

Paul

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Sun, 17 May 2020 04:40:36 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.
MID:

B&D Scorpion Saw Check [email protected] UK diy 0 July 15th 15 10:11 PM
B&D KS890 (Scorpion): parts for repair? [email protected] UK diy 3 May 6th 06 08:15 PM
Scorpion Saw leveled UK diy 11 November 20th 05 06:12 PM
B&D scorpion saw, any good? newman UK diy 16 October 17th 04 01:48 AM
Scorpion "blems" and "seconds" Don Pencil Woodturning 1 October 9th 04 05:46 PM