Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul[_46_] Paul[_46_] is offline

Default Friggin' b&d scorpion

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 14/05/2020 07:44, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 13/05/2020 14:40, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Tried to put a new blade in mine today to cut some decking and
couldn't get it to stay in place...any ideas ? .... looks like a
stupid arrangement ....

thanks a lot for your input which doesn't help but I was looking for
somebody who had actually changed the blade and not just brilliant
theorists and a joker ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSH8_zv_LBo

looks so easy doesn't it....so why do both balded on both my scorpions
fall out as soon as you switch on ? .....

Give model number(s).

*******

The blade rotates and locks. The blade has a circular
hole in the very end, implying that is the "pivot".

In order to lock, an axle of some sort has to go through
that hole and prevent the blade from falling out. Which
means the axle has to "advance" as the blade is rotated.

These are not the same kind of blades that fit into
conventional jigsaws, with the square-end on them that
a screw presses on.

The purpose of getting a model number, is to see if
there are any pictures of the "mechanism" that holds
the blade. It may be a replaceable part, and then
a picture of it might reveal how it works. Like if
someone took the saw apart and messed with it...
it could be out-of-sequence and the part that
does the locking is not engaged.

Paul