Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Accenta g3 alarm

Hi I recently added 3 new sensors and 1 keypad to my existing alarm panel after having an extension. The sensors work fine but the keypad isn't. The buttons are lit up but nothing else seems to work. The existing keypad still works and I've connected it up the same as the original.
Any help much appreciated. Many thanks.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/05/2020 19:46, Paul wrote:

The tamper circuit is in series. See bottom of page 5 for example
with two keypads.

The tamper circuit is probably irrelevant to the immediate problem.

3 possibilities
i) it's bypassed at the control box with a link
ii) it's wired in series with the existing (first) remote keypad
iii) it's wired in parallel with the existing remote keypad

If the main control panel is not complaining about a missing keypad then
none of the above are causing the problem.

Ideally it should be wired as ii) but possibly not too important with a
remote keypad because in someone cuts the wires to a remote keypad they
still wouldn't have means to turn off the alarm from those (cut) wires.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/05/2020 20:08, alan_m wrote:
On 09/05/2020 19:46, Paul wrote:

The tamper circuit is in series. See bottom of page 5 for example
with two keypads.

The tamper circuit is probably irrelevant to the immediate problem.

3 possibilities
i)Â*Â*Â* it's bypassed at the control box with a link
ii)Â*Â* it's wired in series with the existing (first) remote keypad
iii)Â* it's wired in parallel with the existing remote keypad

If the main control panel is not complaining about a missing keypad then
none of the above are causing the problem.

Ideally it should be wired as ii) but possibly not too important with a
remote keypad because in someone cuts the wires to a remote keypad they
still wouldn't have means to turn off the alarm from those (cut) wires.

With, my Texecom alarm additional keypads are wired in parallel. Each
keypad has to have its own address.

--
Michael Chare
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/05/2020 19:46, Paul wrote:

The tamper circuit is in series. See bottom of page 5 for example
with two keypads.

The tamper circuit is probably irrelevant to the immediate problem.

3 possibilities
i)Â*Â*Â* it's bypassed at the control box with a link
ii)Â*Â* it's wired in series with the existing (first) remote keypad
iii)Â* it's wired in parallel with the existing remote keypad

If the main control panel is not complaining about a missing keypad
then none of the above are causing the problem.

Ideally it should be wired as ii) but possibly not too important with
a remote keypad because in someone cuts the wires to a remote keypad
they still wouldn't have means to turn off the alarm from those (cut)
wires.

With, my Texecom alarm additional keypads are wired in parallel. Each
keypad has to have its own address.

The Accenta remote keypads are also wired in parallel (apart from anti
tamper which should be wired in series to work correctly).

There is no mention in the Gen3 or Gen4 engineers manuals about keypad
addresses and I don't remember on my Gen4 box having to set an address
for the remote keypad (Gen 3 and Gen 4 use the same remote keypads).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I have a G4 which IIRC is similar, except not having a keypad on it at all.
So fitted two - one beside the unit, and one at the front door.

I do have all the instructions somewhere. If they are similar would have
the details of how to wire a second keypad.

--
*You are validating my inherent mistrust of strangers

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Accenta 8 alarm help eastender[_4_] UK diy 15 July 20th 19 03:19 PM
Accenta 8 intruder alarm zone 1 pir beeping Bob[_79_] UK diy 1 April 6th 17 04:56 PM
accenta 8 burglar alarm is stuck displaying message READY frustrated UK diy 2 March 19th 17 11:22 PM
Accenta Alarm David White UK diy 3 August 17th 07 09:48 PM
Accenta G3 Alarm Problem annieb UK diy 1 December 9th 05 10:09 AM