DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Accenta g3 alarm (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/649046-accenta-g3-alarm.html)

[email protected] May 9th 20 02:33 PM

Accenta g3 alarm

Hi I recently added 3 new sensors and 1 keypad to my existing alarm panel after having an extension. The sensors work fine but the keypad isn't. The buttons are lit up but nothing else seems to work. The existing keypad still works and I've connected it up the same as the original.
Any help much appreciated. Many thanks.

Michael Chare[_4_] May 9th 20 03:51 PM

Accenta g3 alarm

On 09/05/2020 14:33, wrote:
Hi I recently added 3 new sensors and 1 keypad to my existing alarm panel after having an extension. The sensors work fine but the keypad isn't. The buttons are lit up but nothing else seems to work. The existing keypad still works and I've connected it up the same as the original.
Any help much appreciated. Many thanks.

I would suggest that you download the appropriate engineering manual for
the panel.

--
Michael Chare

alan_m May 9th 20 06:27 PM

Accenta g3 alarm

On 09/05/2020 14:33, wrote:
Hi I recently added 3 new sensors and 1 keypad to my existing alarm panel after having an extension. The sensors work fine but the keypad isn't. The buttons are lit up but nothing else seems to work. The existing keypad still works and I've connected it up the same as the original.
Any help much appreciated. Many thanks.

The buttons lit up suggest that you have two connection correct (12V and
0V[GND] power supply)

The only other connection that should matter for fault finding is the
connection labelled "coms" (communication) Are you sure that the copper
in the wire is actually making contact at both ends of the cable. You
may have inserted the wire too far and you have just tightening down on
the wire's insulation rather than the copper core.

The other connections are sound (probably for the internal speaker in
the remote keypad) and two tamper connections.

Also double check that you haven't swapped wires around.

Paul[_46_] May 9th 20 07:46 PM

Accenta g3 alarm

wrote:
Hi I recently added 3 new sensors and 1 keypad to my existing alarm panel after having an extension. The sensors work fine but the keypad isn't. The buttons are lit up but nothing else seems to work. The existing keypad still works and I've connected it up the same as the original.
Any help much appreciated. Many thanks.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/14...?page=5#manual

The tamper circuit is in series. See bottom of page 5 for example
with two keypads.

No, I don't know a thing about the topic :-)

And make sure it's the manual for your system...

Paul

alan_m May 9th 20 08:08 PM

Accenta g3 alarm

On 09/05/2020 19:46, Paul wrote:

The tamper circuit is in series. See bottom of page 5 for example
with two keypads.

The tamper circuit is probably irrelevant to the immediate problem.

3 possibilities
i) it's bypassed at the control box with a link
ii) it's wired in series with the existing (first) remote keypad
iii) it's wired in parallel with the existing remote keypad

If the main control panel is not complaining about a missing keypad then
none of the above are causing the problem.

Ideally it should be wired as ii) but possibly not too important with a
remote keypad because in someone cuts the wires to a remote keypad they
still wouldn't have means to turn off the alarm from those (cut) wires.

Michael Chare[_4_] May 10th 20 09:45 AM

Accenta g3 alarm

On 09/05/2020 20:08, alan_m wrote:
On 09/05/2020 19:46, Paul wrote:

The tamper circuit is in series. See bottom of page 5 for example
with two keypads.

The tamper circuit is probably irrelevant to the immediate problem.

3 possibilities
i)Â*Â*Â* it's bypassed at the control box with a link
ii)Â*Â* it's wired in series with the existing (first) remote keypad
iii)Â* it's wired in parallel with the existing remote keypad

If the main control panel is not complaining about a missing keypad then
none of the above are causing the problem.

Ideally it should be wired as ii) but possibly not too important with a
remote keypad because in someone cuts the wires to a remote keypad they
still wouldn't have means to turn off the alarm from those (cut) wires.

With, my Texecom alarm additional keypads are wired in parallel. Each
keypad has to have its own address.

--
Michael Chare

alan_m May 10th 20 11:37 AM

Accenta g3 alarm

On 09/05/2020 19:46, Paul wrote:

The tamper circuit is in series. See bottom of page 5 for example
with two keypads.

The tamper circuit is probably irrelevant to the immediate problem.

3 possibilities
i)Â*Â*Â* it's bypassed at the control box with a link
ii)Â*Â* it's wired in series with the existing (first) remote keypad
iii)Â* it's wired in parallel with the existing remote keypad

If the main control panel is not complaining about a missing keypad
then none of the above are causing the problem.

Ideally it should be wired as ii) but possibly not too important with
a remote keypad because in someone cuts the wires to a remote keypad
they still wouldn't have means to turn off the alarm from those (cut)
wires.

With, my Texecom alarm additional keypads are wired in parallel. Each
keypad has to have its own address.

The Accenta remote keypads are also wired in parallel (apart from anti
tamper which should be wired in series to work correctly).

There is no mention in the Gen3 or Gen4 engineers manuals about keypad
addresses and I don't remember on my Gen4 box having to set an address
for the remote keypad (Gen 3 and Gen 4 use the same remote keypads).

Dave Plowman (News) May 10th 20 11:42 AM

Accenta g3 alarm

I have a G4 which IIRC is similar, except not having a keypad on it at all.
So fitted two - one beside the unit, and one at the front door.

I do have all the instructions somewhere. If they are similar would have
the details of how to wire a second keypad.

--
*You are validating my inherent mistrust of strangers

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.