Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Accenta g3 alarm

On 09/05/2020 14:33, wrote:
Hi I recently added 3 new sensors and 1 keypad to my existing alarm panel after having an extension. The sensors work fine but the keypad isn't. The buttons are lit up but nothing else seems to work. The existing keypad still works and I've connected it up the same as the original.
Any help much appreciated. Many thanks.

The buttons lit up suggest that you have two connection correct (12V and
0V[GND] power supply)

The only other connection that should matter for fault finding is the
connection labelled "coms" (communication) Are you sure that the copper
in the wire is actually making contact at both ends of the cable. You
may have inserted the wire too far and you have just tightening down on
the wire's insulation rather than the copper core.

The other connections are sound (probably for the internal speaker in
the remote keypad) and two tamper connections.

Also double check that you haven't swapped wires around.