Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Default Scottish food boxes arrive...

On Tue, 21 Apr 2020 15:45:54 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

"tim..." wrote in message

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
On 21/04/2020 09:00, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6x7HJOhu94

sorry for the crap quality video ....
what I thought was kitchen roll was two gludgy rolls...and the bread came
all the way from Robert's bakery Chesire .....

the implication from Wifey's (I presume) voiceover is that this box has
come to you for free (or at some discounted cost)

for someone locked in, seems a fair selection to keep you going - if a
little bit light on the toilet rolls

tim

yes must be a toilet roll shortage.....yes both were free because I am
shielding because of a liver transplant etc ....some bugger on here said I
should go for it and not rely on the the neighbours or pay them...so what
could I do...I can see his point...

Are you saying you can't get a supermarket to deliver, even when on the at
risk list?

He should be able to. We've got priority deliveries for Tesco, Asda
and Sainsbury's which are the main local supermarkets.

If so sounds like you could do with a better council - considering the
high rates you say you pay.

A couple of days ago I got a phone call from the council to check that
we were managing to cope in the lockdown. Can't ask for better service
than that.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

A couple of days ago I got a phone call from the council to check that
we were managing to cope in the lockdown. Can't ask for better service
than that.

me too
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Custos Custodum wrote:
Are you saying you can't get a supermarket to deliver, even when on the at
risk list?

He should be able to. We've got priority deliveries for Tesco, Asda
and Sainsbury's which are the main local supermarkets.

Same here - although I only registered with Tesco. They've delivered
within a couple of days of ordering.

If so sounds like you could do with a better council - considering the
high rates you say you pay.

A couple of days ago I got a phone call from the council to check that
we were managing to cope in the lockdown. Can't ask for better service
than that.

Same here. They arranged a food parcel before I could get registered with
a supermarket. But that was four weeks ago.

--
*For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.