Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Howe Tools - anyone used them?

https://www.howetools.co.uk/

They talk a good fight but are they OK?

Cheers

Dave R

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 6 March 2020 09:31:33 UTC, michael adams wrote:
Along with a "Better Call Saul" type website. I wonder how
much the guy in the picture holding the box was paid ?

A fiver is the going rate, from watching Dave Gorman.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 6 March 2020 09:31:33 UTC, michael adams wrote:
Rather than the "We hope you understand our decision not to
advertise the location of our secure power tool warehouse."
which they state on their website.

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/0...TED/financials

assets and liabilities about £161k, it's not what I would regard as needing a secure warehouse.

Some here probably have more toys in their shed :-)

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/03/2020 10:00, wrote:
On Friday, 6 March 2020 09:31:33 UTC, michael adams wrote:
Rather than the "We hope you understand our decision not to
advertise the location of our secure power tool warehouse."
which they state on their website.

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/0...TED/financials

assets and liabilities about £161k, it's not what I would regard as needing a secure warehouse.

Some here probably have more toys in their shed :-)

Owain

Its almost certainly nothing more than a website that takes a 1%
commission on tools warehoused and sold by other suppliers.

its shoes.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/03/2020 08:53, David wrote:
https://www.howetools.co.uk/

They talk a good fight but are they OK?

Not tried them personally, but if you are paying with a cc, then you
have some protection from the cc company anyway, should it all go pear
shaped.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/03/2020 08:53, David wrote:
https://www.howetools.co.uk/

They talk a good fight but are they OK?

Cheers

Dave R

I ordered a Panasonic drill / impact driver from them a couple of years
ago. It arrived the next day with no problems.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 06 Mar 2020 13:49:33 +0000, John Rumm wrote:

On 06/03/2020 08:53, David wrote:
https://www.howetools.co.uk/

They talk a good fight but are they OK?

Not tried them personally, but if you are paying with a cc, then you
have some protection from the cc company anyway, should it all go pear
shaped.

My main concern was warranty returns.

As I understand it your contract is with the retailer.

Cheers

Dave R

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/03/2020 17:00, David wrote:
On Fri, 06 Mar 2020 13:49:33 +0000, John Rumm wrote:

On 06/03/2020 08:53, David wrote:
https://www.howetools.co.uk/

They talk a good fight but are they OK?

Not tried them personally, but if you are paying with a cc, then you
have some protection from the cc company anyway, should it all go pear
shaped.

My main concern was warranty returns.

As I understand it your contract is with the retailer.

FTAOD:

yes, your contract is with the retailer and you have various rights
under the law against the retailer; but

a warranty is something over and above your legal rights against the
retailer that a manufacturer may - or may not - give you.

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 04:52 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for ONE AND A HALF HOUR already!!!! LOL

On Sat, 7 Mar 2020 04:52:38 +1100, , better known as cantankerous

FLUSH the senile asshole's troll****

04:52??? Is your unbearable LONELINESS not letting you sleep in again, you
clinically insane cantanerous senile pest?

--
Keema Nam addressing nym-shifting senile Rodent:
"You are now exposed as a liar, as well as an ignorant troll."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

David wrote:

https://www.howetools.co.uk/
They talk a good fight but are they OK?

I ordered a makita tool from the 5 years ago, no problems, but haven't
ordered from them again, which implies they once did well in a price
comparison search, but no longer do ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/03/2020 17:07, Robin wrote:
On 06/03/2020 17:00, David wrote:
On Fri, 06 Mar 2020 13:49:33 +0000, John Rumm wrote:

On 06/03/2020 08:53, David wrote:
https://www.howetools.co.uk/

They talk a good fight but are they OK?

Not tried them personally, but if you are paying with a cc, then you
have some protection from the cc company anyway, should it all go pear
shaped.

My main concern was warranty returns.

As I understand it your contract is with the retailer.

FTAOD:

yes, your contract is with the retailer and you have various rights
under the law against the retailer; but

a warranty is something over and above your legal rights against the
retailer that a manufacturer may - or may not - give you.

Yup, there is no legal requirement for the manufacturer to give you a
warranty directly (they have no contract with you), however I have noted
that many of the higher end brands will take on the responsibility from
the retailer - presumably to not only protect their brand reputation,
but also incentivise the retailers into stocking and promoting their
products.

--
Cheers,

John.

If you are looking to build a full wardrobe and you have a limitedbudget, consider shopping in used clothing stores. Used clothing stores offera variety of clothing at affordable prices. You can shop for used clothing inphysical stores or online. [email protected] Woodworking 0 April 26th 08 12:19 AM
company making knockoffs of Intermatic timers--anyone ever used them? HamNCheese Home Repair 2 March 21st 07 03:04 AM
tools, air tools, power tools, hand tools, cordeless tool 4qO3HN tim Electronics Repair 0 February 21st 07 08:34 PM
building howe truss kevin Home Repair 8 September 14th 06 09:00 PM
Anyone please - My Father used to call them dead soldiersŠ Wilma Harrington Home Repair 1 February 28th 06 01:21 PM