Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Troll-feeding Senile ASSHOLE Alert! LOL

On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 19:26:08 +0000, D i m, the brain dead troll-feeding
senile asshole, blathered again:

Cheers, T i m

You can bet on it that the sociopath cheers that he has found yet another
senile idiot who feeds him with all the fodder he needs, you brain dead
troll-feeding senile idiot! BG
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 19:52:20 +0000, D i m, the brain dead troll-feeding
senile asshole, blathered again:

Phew, that's a start then! ;-)

Cheers, D i m

Time for YOU to start catching on, D i m! G
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 19:30:55 +0000, D i m, the brain dead troll-feeding
senile asshole, blathered again:

It would be if it was like that but it isn't. It's more like number
plates that are held to your car via double sided tape but where the
plates self destruct when you try to peel them off. Or external
security / anti-tamper tags or ...

Cheers, D i m

Hard to tell who's the bigger idiot of the two of you: the sociopathic
PHucker troll who enjoys trolling, or you senile idiot who is proud of being
able to explain things to the sociopath and thereby playing his game!
Eh, D i m? BG
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 19:54:18 +0000, D i m, the brain dead troll-feeding
senile asshole, blathered again:

Same if they were securely taped and you then also have less chance of
kicking them in or them leaking.

Cheers, D i m

You STILL don't catch on, eh, you troll-feeding dimwit? LMAO
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 19:55:07 +0000, D i m, the brain dead troll-feeding
senile asshole, blathered again:

Cut the seal out from the inside.

Cheers, D i m

Why should he, when he can have endless fun asking all you senile idiots
endless retarded questions? LOL

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Double glazing beading on the outside?!?

On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 19:06:28 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0e2a26mowdg98l@glass...
On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 17:22:40 -0000, harry
wrote:

On Monday, 27 January 2020 16:42:06 UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 16:32:40 -0000, Andy Bennet wrote:

On 27/01/2020 13:53, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Why do some glaziers fit the beading on the outside of windows?
Surely,
common sense tells us to put the part you can easily remove on the
inside, for security.

Windows and doors may be glazed internally or externally.

Internal glazing means that the glass units are installed with glazing
beads inserted into the frames from the inside.

External glazing means that the glass units are installed with glazing
beads inserted into the frames from the outside.

Both are equally secure, provided either security tape or glass locks
are installed, with external beading.

How can external beading be secure? The burglar just does the reverse of
what the installer did. I've done it to my own and my neighbour's
windows very easily. Them because they locked themselves out, mine so I
could get a sofa into the house which wouldn't fit through the stupidly
narrow hall.

They aren't secure. However in the UK at least you won't find it any
more. It went through a phase of having "security clips" fitted beneath
the beads to stop the glass being easily removed.

Pretty stupid to have ever invented it in the first place. A window, easy
access point for burglar. Let's see, where shall we put the thing that
you can peel off? About as stupid as fitting a Yale lock on the outside
of the door!

But its also much more expensive if you do lock yourself
out and few burglars bother to remove the glass.

I never lock myself out, my key is RFID on a wrist band. It is never removed from my body.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0e2gljcowdg98l@glass...
On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 19:20:11 -0000, Fredxx wrote:

On 27/01/2020 13:53:09, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Why do some glaziers fit the beading on the outside of windows? Surely,
common sense tells us to put the part you can easily remove on the
inside, for security.

Most glaziers use silicone sealant to stick the glass to the frame. It
doesn't matter which side the beading is, no manner of levering will get
the glass out in one piece.

I'm glad mine didn't do that.

So what do you do when you want to change the glass,

Break it if you arent changing it because its already broken or cracked.

or remove it for some reason, like I did to get a large piece of furniture
into the house?

Accept the fact that you will need a new one.
Or don't buy a place that cant get a sofa thru
the ****ing door. You can get a car thru my
patio doors if you take both 8x4' panels out.
And anything that you can ever put in the house
thru the normal open patio door. At least one
in each room except the bathrooms and dunnys.,

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0e2gpif9wdg98l@glass...
On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 19:26:08 -0000, T i m wrote:

On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 18:43:20 -0000, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 18:12:12 -0000, T i m wrote:

On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 16:49:28 +0000, Andy Bennet
wrote:

snip

Modern externally
glazed windows have security tape (double sided tape with a rubber
filler)_ on the iside of the glass securing it to the frame. This
makes
is virtually impossible to remove the glass from the outside even
after
removing the beads. You need inside access to prise away the glass
from
the tape.

Or after slicing though the tape with a craft knife etc.

Isn't that the other side of the glass?

On the inside, yes.

External glazing has an internal (rigid) glazing bead / frame and so
*would* be insecure if you *only* held the glass in with an external
(clipped in) glazing bead.

So, they fit the frame, tape the inside of the frame but don't peel
the outer protective layer off (/ completely), set the glass on
spacers to get it central [1], hold the glass away slightly, peel the
tape and then set the glass fully home, then tap in the (external)
glazing beads (or various versions of the above).

This "external glazing" is confusing me. Could you just stick to
"externally beaded"? The glass ain't internal or external, it's in the
middle.

And why these spacers? Can't they just make the glass the right size in
the first place?

Much cheaper to use standard sized panes and
design the house to use those and use spacers
to allow for the fact that its too hard to make
the walls and frames precisely to fit the pane.

Sounds like a kludge to me.

More fool you.

The tape is usually black and very strong (like RC servo tape).

Now that I'm familiar with.

[1] Or tow / heel if it's a side hung opener etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

newsp.0e2kw6sdwdg98l@glass...

wrote:

[...]

Few houses are like that so that is irrelevant.

And you will be locked out when that fails.

It is never removed from my body.

Few are that stupid. And plenty have more than one occupant.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Troll-feeding Senile IDIOT Alert! LOL

On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 15:11:21 -0500, Grumpy Old White Guy, another
braindamaged, troll-feeding senile idiot, blathered:

I have six 6' patio doors and one 3' door into my house.** Why would I
want to remove the glass just to move some furniture in/out?

Perhaps to keep entertaining the troll, troll-feeding idiot?

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Tue, 28 Jan 2020 08:54:31 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the two prize idiots' endless sick ****

--
Another typical retarded "conversation" between the two resident idiots:

Birdbrain: "But imagine how cool it was to own slaves."

Senile Rodent: "Yeah, right. Feed them, clothe them, and fix them when
they're broken.
After all, you paid good money for them. Then you've got to keep an eye
on them all the time."

Birdbrain: "Better than having to give them wages on top of that."

Senile Rodent: "Specially when they make more slaves for you
and produce their own food and clothes."

MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 28 Jan 2020 09:11:37 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the two sociopathic idiots' endless idiotic bull****

--
Another typical retarded "conversation" between Birdbrain and senile Rodent:

Senile Rodent: " Did you ever dig a hole to bury your own ****?"

Birdbrain: "I do if there's no flush toilet around."

Senile Rodent: "Yeah, I prefer camping like that, off by myself with
no dunnys around and have always buried the ****."

MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

"Steve Walker" wrote in message
On 27/01/2020 16:49, Andy Bennet wrote:
On 27/01/2020 16:42, Commander Kinsey wrote:
[...]

What is "security tape" - the word tape makes me think it's easily
removed.

What are "glass locks"? Surely just put the beading on the inside, then
you don't need whatever those are.

Externally glazed widows tend to have thinner frames and look more
aesthetically pleasing rather than the thick framed internally beaded
units.

Internally beaded widows can be easily kicked in. Modern externally
glazed windows have security tape (double sided tape with a rubber
filler)_ on the iside of the glass securing it to the frame. This makes
is virtually impossible to remove the glass from the outside even after
removing the beads. You need inside access to prise away the glass from
the tape.

Granted older type glazing from the 70's and 80's was externally beaded
but did not have security measures fitted.

Properly installed, older type glazing, without security tape, was not
that insecure. When the external beading was clipped in, the glass was
still loose. The glass was clamped into place (also jamming the external
beading tight against the frame) by tapping (quite hard) a rubber seal
between the glass and the inner frame.

Any house is a piece of **** to break in to if you put your mind to it,
it's just a question of difficulty.

It seems a common way at the moment is melting part of the frame to remove
the glazing.

Bet its not common at all for burglars to bother.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

"Grumpy Old White Guy" wrote in message
On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 19:20:11 -0000, Fredxx wrote:

On 27/01/2020 13:53:09, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Why do some glaziers fit the beading on the outside of windows? Surely,
common sense tells us to put the part you can easily remove on the
inside, for security.

Most glaziers use silicone sealant to stick the glass to the frame. It
doesn't matter which side the beading is, no manner of levering will get
the glass out in one piece.

I'm glad mine didn't do that. So what do you do when you want to change
the glass, or remove it for some reason, like I did to get a large piece
of furniture into the house?

I have six 6' patio doors and one 3' door into my house. Why would I
want to remove the glass just to move some furniture in/out?

I have 13 8' patio doors and all but the bathrooms and dunnys have at least
one of them.

And the most I ever want to get into one of the bathrooms is a washing
machine and it goes thru the normal door fine for some reason.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 28 Jan 2020 14:08:35 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

It seems a common way at the moment is melting part of the frame to remove
the glazing.

Bet its not common at all for burglars to bother.

Bet you ARE an auto-conctradicting senile asshole, as someone stated, you
senile pest!

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 28 Jan 2020 14:57:44 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

I have 13 8' patio doors

You'd better worry about what you NOT have: a brain, someone to talk to in
real life, neighbours who care, normal sleep ...and any ability to HIDE any
of it, senile cretin!

cretin from Oz: