Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Double glazing beading on the outside?!?

"Grumpy Old White Guy" wrote in message
On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 19:20:11 -0000, Fredxx wrote:

On 27/01/2020 13:53:09, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Why do some glaziers fit the beading on the outside of windows? Surely,
common sense tells us to put the part you can easily remove on the
inside, for security.

Most glaziers use silicone sealant to stick the glass to the frame. It
doesn't matter which side the beading is, no manner of levering will get
the glass out in one piece.

I'm glad mine didn't do that. So what do you do when you want to change
the glass, or remove it for some reason, like I did to get a large piece
of furniture into the house?

I have six 6' patio doors and one 3' door into my house. Why would I
want to remove the glass just to move some furniture in/out?

I have 13 8' patio doors and all but the bathrooms and dunnys have at least
one of them.

And the most I ever want to get into one of the bathrooms is a washing
machine and it goes thru the normal door fine for some reason.