Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default BBC intelligence test

Slow access but fun.

I wonder if the Antipodean would like to try?
--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Lamb Wrote in message:
Slow access but fun.

I wonder if the Antipodean would like to try?

Give him a link & he might...
--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 1 Jan 2020 11:23:29 +0000 (GMT+00:00), Jimk
wrote:

Tim Lamb Wrote in message:
Slow access but fun.

I wonder if the Antipodean would like to try?

Give him a link & he might...

If it's set by the BBC anyone over 5yrs of age should walk it.
--

"The BEST Deal is NO DEAL"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
Slow access but fun.

as I haven't a clue what you are talking about

I presume that I failed

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tim... wrote:

"Tim Lamb" wrote:

Slow access but fun.

I haven't a clue what you are talking about

This, perhaps?

https://gbit.cognitron.co.uk/account/consent?next=/ex/task/rs_blocks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , tim...
writes

"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
.. .
Slow access but fun.

as I haven't a clue what you are talking about

There is an intelligence test currently accessed from the BBC website.

I presume that I failed

No comment:-)

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:
tim... wrote:

"Tim Lamb" wrote:

Slow access but fun.

I haven't a clue what you are talking about

This, perhaps?

https://gbit.cognitron.co.uk/account/consent?next=/ex/task/rs_blocks

Its not easy! Most €œIQ€ tests floating around on social media and the net
seem to be designed to massage your ego. This one was rather humbling. Did
well (top 10 to 20%) in some fields but rubbish in others.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jimk" wrote in message
o.uk...
Tim Lamb Wrote in message:
Slow access but fun.

I wonder if the Antipodean would like to try?

Give him a link & he might...

Don't need one, saw Moseley's article in the
BBC news feed I scan before reading here.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Thu, 2 Jan 2020 05:32:22 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

I wonder if the Antipodean would like to try?

Give him a link & he might...

Don't need one, saw Moseley's article in the
BBC news feed I scan before reading here.

What DO you need, senile Rodent? Someone in real life to talk to? NO way!
Not for YOU!

cretin from Oz:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Tim Lamb Wrote in message:
Slow access but fun.

I wonder if the Antipodean would like to try?

Give him a link & he might...

If it's set by the BBC

It isnt.

anyone over 5yrs of age should walk it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes me also.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"tim..." wrote in message

"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
Slow access but fun.

as I haven't a clue what you are talking about

I presume that I failed

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Lamb wrote:
Slow access but fun.

I wonder if the Antipodean would like to try?

Number sequences and special span, how did others get on? Up to about 5
numbers or 5 different squares I could cope okay. 6 was a definite
threshold when my LIFO memory failed. Clearly I can only store 5 bits...
;-)

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim+ wrote:
Tim Lamb wrote:
Slow access but fun.

I wonder if the Antipodean would like to try?

Number sequences and special span, how did others get on? Up to about 5
numbers or 5 different squares I could cope okay. 6 was a definite
threshold when my LIFO memory failed. Clearly I can only store 5 bits...
;-)

Tim

*spacial* span. Fecking autocorrupt...

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
,
Tim+ writes
Tim Lamb wrote:
Slow access but fun.

I wonder if the Antipodean would like to try?

Number sequences and special span, how did others get on? Up to about 5
numbers or 5 different squares I could cope okay. 6 was a definite
threshold when my LIFO memory failed. Clearly I can only store 5 bits...

Umm.. Good on pattern recognition and word meanings. As above for
numbers and squares. I struggled a bit with matching blocks. Still
convinced they got the rules wrong! Pattern/shape recognition good but I
struggled with matching expressions. I felt it was a bit unfair to mix
races for those who don't get out much.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Lamb wrote:
In message
,
Tim+ writes
Tim Lamb wrote:
Slow access but fun.

I wonder if the Antipodean would like to try?

Number sequences and special span, how did others get on? Up to about 5
numbers or 5 different squares I could cope okay. 6 was a definite
threshold when my LIFO memory failed. Clearly I can only store 5 bits...

Umm.. Good on pattern recognition and word meanings. As above for
numbers and squares. I struggled a bit with matching blocks. Still
convinced they got the rules wrong! Pattern/shape recognition good but I
struggled with matching expressions. I felt it was a bit unfair to mix
races for those who don't get out much.

It also seems unfair that there are no points for spotting bad grammar in
the quiz.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 2 Jan 2020 06:31:20 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

I wonder if the Antipodean would like to try?

Give him a link & he might...

If it's set by the BBC

It isnt.

Are you sure, senile Rodent? Senilely sure again?

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim+" wrote in message
Andy Burns wrote:
tim... wrote:

"Tim Lamb" wrote:

Slow access but fun.

I haven't a clue what you are talking about

This, perhaps?

https://gbit.cognitron.co.uk/account/consent?next=/ex/task/rs_blocks

Its not easy! Most €œIQ€ tests floating around on social media and the net
seem to be designed to massage your ego. This one was rather humbling.
Did
well (top 10 to 20%) in some fields but rubbish in others.

found it eventually

rubbish at the facial recognition test (as expected)

didn't do too well on the language ones

good results in the others

though TBH I suspect that the sample set will be biased heavily towards
people who are good at such tests

I doubt that the bottom 30% IQ people will even be in the sample at all

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim+" wrote in message
Tim Lamb wrote:
Slow access but fun.

I wonder if the Antipodean would like to try?

Number sequences and special span, how did others get on? Up to about 5
numbers or 5 different squares I could cope okay. 6 was a definite
threshold when my LIFO memory failed. Clearly I can only store 5 bits...
;-)

I stored the numbers much better than the squares

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim+ wrote:

how did others get on?

Found the tetris blocks easy, similarly counting the towers of hanoi
moves, got bored at that point ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 1 January 2020 16:47:29 UTC, Tim+ wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:
tim... wrote:

"Tim Lamb" wrote:

Slow access but fun.

I haven't a clue what you are talking about

This, perhaps?

https://gbit.cognitron.co.uk/account/consent?next=/ex/task/rs_blocks

Its not easy! Most €œIQ€ tests floating around on social media and the net
seem to be designed to massage your ego.

I thought there were there just to getv data from you to sell on to others.

This one was rather humbling. Did
well (top 10 to 20%) in some fields but rubbish in others.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 1 January 2020 16:47:29 UTC, Tim+ wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:
tim... wrote:

"Tim Lamb" wrote:

Slow access but fun.

I haven't a clue what you are talking about

This, perhaps?

https://gbit.cognitron.co.uk/account/consent?next=/ex/task/rs_blocks

Its not easy! Most €œIQ€ tests floating around on social media and the net
seem to be designed to massage your ego.

I thought there were there just to getv data from you to sell on to others.

Well indeed. Thats certainly the case for most of them, especially
facebook ones.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 01/01/2020 16:09, Andy Burns wrote:
tim... wrote:

"Tim Lamb" wrote:

Slow access but fun.

I haven't a clue what you are talking about

This, perhaps?

https://gbit.cognitron.co.uk/account/consent?next=/ex/task/rs_blocks

I liked this quiz

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50856869