Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default BT Decor 2500 disassembly

There are only three visible screws on the back of this telephone and
it hasn't clicked easily apart after removing them: are there other
screws under the rubber feet or are there some other tricks I ought to
know about?

The problem I'm trying to fix is that suddenly, none of the buttons
operate any more. I can pick up and chat on an incoming call but can't
read menus, dial numbers or anything else.

My guess is that an internal connector had become an internal
disconnector but if the groups experience suggests something different
or that it's totally stuffed, I'd be grateful to know. I have another
working-when-I-last-used-it handset but thanks to Sod's Law it's in a
cupboard being held closed by two strings full of Christmas cards and
decorations. I'd prefer not to take them down just yet if the original
phone is easily fixable.

Thanks - and happy remainder of Chriastmas Day to all!

Nick
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Well, I'd certainly look under the feet in any case.

Does this phone need a psu, ise like some speaker phones seem to, or is its
completely line powered?
The problem with phones in my experience is that they seem to use the
cheapest and crappiest membrane keypads known to man witch get cracks in the
conductive bits and things start to get intermittent. The only hopeful sign
for you is the totality of the problem, keypads tend to lose one key here
and there or a whole row.
In the end phones are so cheap these days its hardly worth fixing them.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

[...]

[...]