Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DAB Car Radio

My car has DAB Radio and I know nothing about it - it has worked fine for
18months but recently I have had some dips in reception and a message "FM
Link" has popped up on the display for much of the time.

Any ideas?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 13 Dec 2019 16:31:54 GMT, John
wrote:

My car has DAB Radio and I know nothing about it - it has worked fine for
18months but recently I have had some dips in reception and a message "FM
Link" has popped up on the display for much of the time.

Aerial connection?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

FM link on the radio in a friends car refers to a mode of listening inside
the car to a device that gives a fake fm signal. People used to do this kind
of thing all the timme before there were multi input sound systems in cars.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"John" wrote in message
2.222...
My car has DAB Radio and I know nothing about it - it has worked fine for
18months but recently I have had some dips in reception and a message "FM
Link" has popped up on the display for much of the time.

Any ideas?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article 2,
John wrote:
My car has DAB Radio and I know nothing about it - it has worked fine for
18months but recently I have had some dips in reception and a message "FM
Link" has popped up on the display for much of the time.

Any ideas?

If the radio finds DAB poor, it will look for the FM equivalent. It's the
default on my car - Mazda 6.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England