Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How quickly will a hot water cylinder rust when decommissioned

I've acquired a second hand Chelmer thermal store that was decommissioned a few days ago. Presumably if I leave it lying around I'm at risk of corrosion due to the residual water inside and lots of air... How quickly might I need to think about fitting this?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I thought these were made of copper or an alloy of same?
Its not rust, but corrosion or indeed any damage near a seem that you need
to be careful of.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
wrote in message
I've acquired a second hand Chelmer thermal store that was decommissioned a
few days ago. Presumably if I leave it lying around I'm at risk of corrosion
due to the residual water inside and lots of air... How quickly might I need
to think about fitting this?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/11/2019 14:14, wrote:

I've acquired a second hand Chelmer thermal store that was
decommissioned a few days ago. Presumably if I leave it lying around
I'm at risk of corrosion due to the residual water inside and lots of
air... How quickly might I need to think about fitting this?

Hot water cylinders are normally copper or stainless steel... so not
much to worry about.

--
Cheers,

John.