Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default angle grinder with chainsaw blade

I dare say several here have watched a few Stumpy Nubs videos on
youtube, maybe even some of his safety videos for e.g. table saw kickback?

Well, he had a lucky escape with a chainsaw blade in an angle grinder

https://youtu.be/A7xWHEWov8M
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Those things look nasty, eh? I have one on my Xmas present list. Effective, but one has to be ever so careful!

Bill.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/11/2019 16:04, Andy Burns wrote:
I dare say several here have watched a few Stumpy Nubs videos on
youtube, maybe even some of his safety videos for e.g. table saw kickback?

Well, he had a lucky escape with a chainsaw blade in an angle grinder

https://youtu.be/A7xWHEWov8M

Yikes. Seems amazingly composed to make that vid.

I'd be an alcoholic wreak if I did something like that.

Or Kenny Everett ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg3cyLjp4gk

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, November 27, 2019 at 3:04:39 AM UTC+11, Andy Burns wrote:
I dare say several here have watched a few Stumpy Nubs videos on
youtube, maybe even some of his safety videos for e.g. table saw kickback?

Well, he had a lucky escape with a chainsaw blade in an angle grinder

https://youtu.be/A7xWHEWov8M

Thx, I bought one of these dreadful stuff recently; going out to scrap immediately
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 26 November 2019 16:04:39 UTC, Andy Burns wrote:
I dare say several here have watched a few Stumpy Nubs videos on
youtube, maybe even some of his safety videos for e.g. table saw kickback?

Well, he had a lucky escape with a chainsaw blade in an angle grinder

https://youtu.be/A7xWHEWov8M

Ouch . I can't help but think a chainsaw uses just the same type of blade. I make quite sure I don't stand inline with a chainsaw blade! But still not really a friendly tool.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

After serious thinking Andy Burns wrote :
Difficult to get very far from the blade when you're holding one, but they
are fitted with a "chaincatcher" never seen footage of them in operation
though ...

I had to buy one in the spring, when a tree came crashing down. It has
a 'trip bar' just in front of the main handle. If the saw flicks up in
use, your wrist hits the trip, which brakes and stops the blade almost
instantly.

A bit intimidating to use at first, but I soon got used to it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Andy Burns wrote :

Difficult to get very far from the blade when you're holding one, but
they are fitted with a "chaincatcher" never seen footage of them in
operation though ...

I had to buy one in the spring, when a tree came crashing down. It has a
'trip bar' just in front of the main handle. If the saw flicks up in
use, your wrist hits the trip, which brakes and stops the blade almost
instantly.

Yes, anything modern will have the brake, but if the chain splits
there's not much that can do, the chaincatcher is supposed to come into
play then, but it just seems like a small metal bracket on mine.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On Tuesday, 26 November 2019 16:04:39 UTC, Andy Burns wrote:
I dare say several here have watched a few Stumpy Nubs videos on
youtube, maybe even some of his safety videos for e.g. table saw
kickback?

Well, he had a lucky escape with a chainsaw blade in an angle grinder

https://youtu.be/A7xWHEWov8M

Ouch . I can't help but think a chainsaw uses just the same type of
blade. I make quite sure I don't stand inline with a chainsaw blade! But
still not really a friendly tool.

Sure, but neither is a circular saw or an angle grinder.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 02:47 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for HALF AN HOUR already!!!! LOL

On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 02:47:16 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH troll****

Do you know NO shame AT ALL? Can't you even TRY to hide what a miserable
loser you are? Obviously not! LOL

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 27 November 2019 15:47:26 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
tabbypurr wrote in message
On Tuesday, 26 November 2019 16:04:39 UTC, Andy Burns wrote:

I dare say several here have watched a few Stumpy Nubs videos on
youtube, maybe even some of his safety videos for e.g. table saw
kickback?

Well, he had a lucky escape with a chainsaw blade in an angle grinder

https://youtu.be/A7xWHEWov8M

Ouch . I can't help but think a chainsaw uses just the same type of
blade. I make quite sure I don't stand inline with a chainsaw blade! But
still not really a friendly tool.

Sure, but neither is a circular saw or an angle grinder.

I regard them as friendlier than chainsaws. Circs in particular are easy to hold against kickback. AGs don't spin big teeth to dig deep into the workpiece - unless you use a loony disc.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

tabbypurr wrote in message
On Tuesday, 26 November 2019 16:04:39 UTC, Andy Burns wrote:

I dare say several here have watched a few Stumpy Nubs videos on
youtube, maybe even some of his safety videos for e.g. table saw
kickback?

Well, he had a lucky escape with a chainsaw blade in an angle grinder

https://youtu.be/A7xWHEWov8M

Ouch . I can't help but think a chainsaw uses just the same type of
blade. I make quite sure I don't stand inline with a chainsaw blade!
But
still not really a friendly tool.

Sure, but neither is a circular saw or an angle grinder.

I regard them as friendlier than chainsaws.

Thats very arguable depending on the individual using
them and what precautions they take when doing so.

Circs in particular are easy to hold against kickback.

Sure, but much easier to cut a finger off with than a chainsaw.
Its trivial to ensure that chainsaw kick back isnt a problem.

AGs don't spin big teeth to dig deep into
the workpiece - unless you use a loony disc.

But dont have the same safety features that a
good chainsaw does, and the chainsaw doesnt
have the disc that can explode and do real
damage with the bits flying around. And there
is no equivalent of the chain brake either.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 15:32:38 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

That¢s very arguable

What is NOT "arguable" for you, you clinically insane, endless quarrelling,
senile cretin?

--
Bod addressing abnormal senile quarreller Rot:
"Do you practice arguing with yourself in an empty room?"