Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Oral B Electric tooth brush chargers?

Why do they no longer make wall mounted ones? I have been using the same
charger through several toothbrushes as shelf mounted is a no no for me.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 22 November 2019 10:08:45 UTC, Broadback wrote:
Why do they no longer make wall mounted ones? I have been using the same
charger through several toothbrushes as shelf mounted is a no no for me.

Can't yuo put a little shelf on the wall for it ;-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

And glue it to the shelf. The problem with all kinds of charger these days
is their instability, ie how easy it is to knock them over.
Incidentally anyone come across this high pressure water jet gizmo for
cleaning between teeth for those who cannot be bothered with that disgusting
floss stuff.

Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Friday, 22 November 2019 10:08:45 UTC, Broadback wrote:
Why do they no longer make wall mounted ones? I have been using the same
charger through several toothbrushes as shelf mounted is a no no for me.

Can't yuo put a little shelf on the wall for it ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

My wife bought me one a couple of months back - a Kratax. Lasted
about 6 weeks before refusing to charge up.

If you get one you'll soon learn. Make sure you know where the
one/off button is. Don't turn it on before you've put the nozzle in
your mouth. Make sure the nozzle is pointing to your teeth and not
down the back of your throat. Make sure your mouth is fully shut then
work out how to let the excess dribble out into the wash basin. Be
careful with the strong setting especially if you have any sensitive
teeth.

Mine did a reasonable flush whilst it was working but it doesn't get
in hard like floss. Have you tried the Plackers flossers? Much
easier than those reels.

Intentionally top-posted for this OP.

--
AnthonyL
On Fri, 22 Nov 2019 11:01:17 -0000, "Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\)"
wrote:

And glue it to the shelf. The problem with all kinds of charger these days
is their instability, ie how easy it is to knock them over.
Incidentally anyone come across this high pressure water jet gizmo for
cleaning between teeth for those who cannot be bothered with that disgusting
floss stuff.

Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Friday, 22 November 2019 10:08:45 UTC, Broadback wrote:
Why do they no longer make wall mounted ones? I have been using the same
charger through several toothbrushes as shelf mounted is a no no for me.

Can't yuo put a little shelf on the wall for it ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

And glue it to the shelf.

I use stick back velcro on both the shelf and the item to be fixed.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/VELCRO%C2%A.../dp/B017KLYT08

Incidentally anyone come across this high pressure water jet gizmo for
cleaning between teeth for those who cannot be bothered with that disgusting
floss stuff.

Yes, WaterPik water flossing. It works well but be aware that at times
you may be spraying water from your mouth to the surroundings.

I have a mains powered one with a tank and long flexible tube but it can
be inconvenient to site with no mains plugs in the bathroom. I'm
considering buying a cordless battery unit but this has the disadvantage
of having a much smaller water tank possibly requiring multiple refills
per session.

You may also find it strange or uncomfortable the first time you use it
but this feeling wears off over a week or two.

-

Posted to uk.d-i-y

And glue it to the shelf. The problem with all kinds of charger these days
is their instability, ie how easy it is to knock them over.
Incidentally anyone come across this high pressure water jet gizmo for
cleaning between teeth for those who cannot be bothered with that disgusting
floss stuff.

Brian

Water picks: I have had a Panasonic rechargeable for years, it works OK
but dentists reckon it is not as effective as floss and/or interdental
brushes. It's not bad for removing food debris. The pany has three
pressures, I can't use it on high and normal is sometimes painful if
gums are a bit inflamed.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 22 November 2019 13:16:01 UTC, alan_m wrote:

And glue it to the shelf.

I use stick back velcro on both the shelf and the item to be fixed.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/VELCRO%C2%A.../dp/B017KLYT08

Incidentally anyone come across this high pressure water jet gizmo for
cleaning between teeth for those who cannot be bothered with that disgusting
floss stuff.

Yes, WaterPik water flossing. It works well but be aware that at times
you may be spraying water from your mouth to the surroundings.

I have a mains powered one with a tank and long flexible tube but it can
be inconvenient to site with no mains plugs in the bathroom.

Wasn't Boris J trying to flog 3 of them or did they go for scrap in the end.
I heard that they had a large tank of water too :-)

I'm
considering buying a cordless battery unit but this has the disadvantage
of having a much smaller water tank possibly requiring multiple refills
per session.

You may also find it strange or uncomfortable the first time you use it
but this feeling wears off over a week or two.

-

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Broadback
writes
Why do they no longer make wall mounted ones? I have been using the
same charger through several toothbrushes as shelf mounted is a no no
for me.

I did ask them a year or two ago and they told me it was due to an EU
regulation/directive/rule. (Honest - I might still have the e-mail to
prove it).
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 22 Nov 2019 10:08:40 +0000, Broadback
wrote:

Why do they no longer make wall mounted ones? I have been using the same
charger through several toothbrushes as shelf mounted is a no no for me.

I can't understand why they don't supply them fitted with Europlugs,
which would be perfectly serviceable in the UK (with a shaver adapter)
and useful in mainland Europe as well.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Scott wrote:

I can't understand why they don't supply them fitted with Europlugs,
which would be perfectly serviceable in the UK (with a shaver adapter)

Europlugs don't fit shaver adapters (the pins are wider spaced and are
tapered)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_power_plugs_and_sockets:_British_and_related_ty pes#BS_4573_.28UK_shaver.29

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Why do they no longer make wall mounted ones? I have been using the same
charger through several toothbrushes as shelf mounted is a no no for me.

I can't understand why they don't supply them fitted with Europlugs,
which would be perfectly serviceable in the UK (with a shaver adapter)
and useful in mainland Europe as well.

mine is, admittedly it's a few years old,

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 22 Nov 2019 15:03:34 +0000, Andy Burns
wrote:

Scott wrote:

I can't understand why they don't supply them fitted with Europlugs,
which would be perfectly serviceable in the UK (with a shaver adapter)

Europlugs don't fit shaver adapters (the pins are wider spaced and are
tapered)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_power_plugs_and_sockets:_British_and_related_ty pes#BS_4573_.28UK_shaver.29

I have never seen any adapter that does not accept a range of plugs in
the same way as the shaver socket shown in your link does.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Scott wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_power_plugs_and_sockets:_British_and_related_ty pes#BS_4573_.28UK_shaver.29

I have never seen any adapter that does not accept a range of plugs in
the same way as the shaver socket shown in your link does.

My (decades old) shaver adapter won't take a europlug, maybe you have a
"deathdaptor"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 22 Nov 2019 17:24:06 +0000, Andy Burns
wrote:

Scott wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_power_plugs_and_sockets:_British_and_related_ty pes#BS_4573_.28UK_shaver.29

I have never seen any adapter that does not accept a range of plugs in
the same way as the shaver socket shown in your link does.

My (decades old) shaver adapter won't take a europlug, maybe you have a
"deathdaptor"

No, just the standard one:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Master-GBL-.../dp/B001TO1A64

Is yours fitted with a 1 Amp fuse?