Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Oral B Electric Toothbrush

Anyone found a way of making the heads a bit of a tighter fit? The "fake"
heads are so loose that they sometimes detatch mid-cleaning.
The original ones seem to wobble more than they should as well.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/12/2014 14:20, DerbyBorn wrote:
Anyone found a way of making the heads a bit of a tighter fit? The "fake"
heads are so loose that they sometimes detatch mid-cleaning.
The original ones seem to wobble more than they should as well.

I bought some non-Braun ones on eBay that were very loose. I tried a
small self-tapping screw through the side into the flat of the shaft
which worked well, but didn't appeal to the missus so we binned them.

Genuine Braun ones have always fitted OK - we stock up on the 8-packs at
Costco when they are on special offer.

--
Reentrant
Posted to uk.d-i-y
cd cd is offline

On Mon, 22 Dec 2014 14:20:04 +0000, DerbyBorn wrote:

Anyone found a way of making the heads a bit of a tighter fit? The
"fake"
heads are so loose that they sometimes detatch mid-cleaning.
The original ones seem to wobble more than they should as well.

How do the heads detach? I'm about due a swap for a new one and can't
find any release catch.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 22 Dec 2014 20:22:42 +0000 (UTC), cd wrote:
On Mon, 22 Dec 2014 14:20:04 +0000, DerbyBorn wrote:

Anyone found a way of making the heads a bit of a tighter fit? The
"fake"
heads are so loose that they sometimes detatch mid-cleaning.
The original ones seem to wobble more than they should as well.

How do the heads detach? I'm about due a swap for a new one and

can't
find any release catch.

They just pull off.

--
Reentrant
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, December 22, 2014 10:13:54 PM UTC, Reentrant wrote:
On Mon, 22 Dec 2014 20:22:42 +0000 (UTC), cd wrote:
On Mon, 22 Dec 2014 14:20:04 +0000, DerbyBorn wrote:

Anyone found a way of making the heads a bit of a tighter fit? The
"fake"
heads are so loose that they sometimes detatch mid-cleaning.
The original ones seem to wobble more than they should as well.

bit of plastic film etc, or get a different 3rd party make of head

How do the heads detach? I'm about due a swap for a new one and

can't
find any release catch.

They just pull off.

Due to the tendency for mould to build up they're best removed after each use. And bleached now & then.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

How do the heads detach? I'm about due a swap for a new one and

can't
find any release catch.

They just pull off.

Due to the tendency for mould to build up they're best removed after
each use. And bleached now & then.

NT

I feel that the spiggot that they push on to is a bit worn on mine. With
the "copy" brushes I tried removing the internal coloured collar with the
intention of trying to crush it in a bit. Alas it was brittle plastic and
it broke. Will try a bit of heat with the next one.