Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Oral-B Toothbrush charger problem

I've just replaced my tired and worn electric toothbrush to find that
they no longer make the wall mounted version. Instead it is supplied
with a charger which has to be stood on a level surface,this is
inherently unstable, in addition I have no convenient charging point.
Has anyone had this problem and solved it in a neat way? I guess I will
have to build a small shelf where the old one fitted to the wall, but
judging from others experience, it will be liable to fall off, has
anyone solved this problem elegantly?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Moonraker wrote:
I've just replaced my tired and worn electric toothbrush to find that
they no longer make the wall mounted version. Instead it is supplied
with a charger which has to be stood on a level surface,this is
inherently unstable, in addition I have no convenient charging point.
Has anyone had this problem and solved it in a neat way? I guess I will
have to build a small shelf where the old one fitted to the wall, but
judging from others experience, it will be liable to fall off, has
anyone solved this problem elegantly?

Blu-tack or clear silicone gunge on the shelf?

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/07/2012 08:59, Moonraker wrote:
I've just replaced my tired and worn electric toothbrush to find that
they no longer make the wall mounted version. Instead it is supplied
with a charger which has to be stood on a level surface,this is
inherently unstable, in addition I have no convenient charging point.
Has anyone had this problem and solved it in a neat way? I guess I will
have to build a small shelf where the old one fitted to the wall, but
judging from others experience, it will be liable to fall off, has
anyone solved this problem elegantly?

Not had the problem myself - still have an old wall-mounted one.

However, if I *did*, I'd probably make a very small shelf out of a piece
of aluminium angle, and stick the charger to it with Stixall or similar.
--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Gary" wrote in message
On 31/07/2012 08:59, Moonraker wrote:
I've just replaced my tired and worn electric toothbrush to find that
they no longer make the wall mounted version. Instead it is supplied with
a charger which has to be stood on a level surface,this is inherently
unstable, in addition I have no convenient charging point. Has anyone had
this problem and solved it in a neat way? I guess I will have to build a
small shelf where the old one fitted to the wall, but judging from others
experience, it will be liable to fall off, has anyone solved this problem
elegantly?

Blue tac.

Buy a different model that does come with the wall mount holder.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 08:59:14 +0100, Moonraker wrote:

I've just replaced my tired and worn electric toothbrush to find that
they no longer make the wall mounted version. Instead it is supplied
with a charger which has to be stood on a level surface,this is
inherently unstable, in addition I have no convenient charging point.
Has anyone had this problem and solved it in a neat way? I guess I will
have to build a small shelf where the old one fitted to the wall, but
judging from others experience, it will be liable to fall off, has
anyone solved this problem elegantly?

Mine's like that and I have no convenient point (there is in my bedroom but
that green flashing LED is like a bloody lighthouse!). As my sockets are
surface mounted, I used adhesive velcro on top of a patress.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, July 31, 2012 8:59:14 AM UTC+1, Moonraker wrote:
I've just replaced my tired and worn electric toothbrush to find that
they no longer make the wall mounted version. Instead it is supplied
with a charger which has to be stood on a level surface,this is
inherently unstable

[Sorry to revive an old thread via GG - can't find it on NIN]

We just bought a new Oral-B (the Professional Care 1000 which is being heavily discounted). It comes with the new inline-style charger but it has exactly the same peg/socket keyway as before, and it charges just fine on our old wall-mounted charger/brush holder that is a good two or three years old..