Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default No timer on HW/CH system?

On 09/11/2019 13:00, Graham. wrote:
mm0fmf Wrote in message:
On 08/11/2019 19:43, alan_m wrote:
I assume any battery run thermostat will have a relay for any mains
voltage switching.

Better, they have a latching relay. So power is only drawn from the
battery when turning the relay on or off. No power is needed to hold the
relay in either state.

If the thermostat or programmer is hard wired and switching mains,
surely it would be mains driven, and wouldn't need a battery
other than for power fail backup?

I'm sure there are mains powered programmable stats. I've never seen one
yet, they all had 1 or 2 AA cells to power the stat electronics and a
latching relay.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 14:41:14 +0000, ARW
wrote:

On 10/11/2019 09:55, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 06:59:09 +0000, ARW
wrote:

On 09/11/2019 22:50, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 9 Nov 2019 16:26:00 +0000, ARW
wrote:

snip

Its a cpmbi boiler with hot water on demand?

I think Adam was trying to be funny. I put HW/CH in the title because
the boiler does both so I threw that in *in case* there was some
special reason there wasn't a timer for the CH already.

Like a fridge needing the heat of an incandescent lamp or a boiler
coming on on it's own to prevent freezing etc.

You are talking ********:-)

Care to dig any deeper?

Can I borrow your spade?

Sure, I'm not using it. ;-)

I doubt you have finished with it.

Oh, I'm sure you are right, but not needed on this job. ;-)

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 15:28:32 +0000 (UTC), Brian Reay
wrote:

snip

And I'm guessing you can still have a reasonable 'frost' setting for
when the dog is left there (or give the dog a smartphone). ;-)

The default is 7 dog but you can set it to whatever you like, it is just
like one of the normal setting periods.

Understood.

So (if we were to go the Hive style way) we would need the Hive Hub,
the Receiver that presumably would go where the old thermostat was (or
re-connect it back near the boiler) and the Hive thermostat that would
go somewhere else in the lounge if the existing hole was taken up by
the receiver or on the hole if we put the receiver elsewhere?

https://www.hivehome.com/products/hi...ing/tech-specs

Looks like it's £179 for d-i-y and you get a free Amazon Echo Dot
(that I presume you can use to control the heating without buying
anything extra)?

Cheers, T i m

p.s. In our scenario we now need to cover the needs of a 'yoot' who
often spends quite a bit of time in her own room. The CH system is
'old skool' where there is only one thermostat in the lounge and so if
said 'yoot' has her door shut, then her room can get too hot / cold.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 10/11/2019 15:07, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 14:53:23 +0000, ARW
wrote:

snip

I politely took the ****.

I know, you said, but how though (and IDGAF about 'polite')?

But can I borrow your fork?

Of course, if it helps you dig. ;-)

That's what spades are for you thick ****.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

wrote:

snip

Its a cpmbi boiler with hot water on demand?

I think Adam was trying to be funny. I put HW/CH in the title because
the boiler does both so I threw that in *in case* there was some
special reason there wasn't a timer for the CH already.

Like a fridge needing the heat of an incandescent lamp or a boiler
coming on on it's own to prevent freezing etc.

You are talking ********:-)

Care to dig any deeper?

Can I borrow your spade?

Sure, I'm not using it. ;-)

I doubt you have finished with it.

Oh, I'm sure you are right, but not needed on this job. ;-)

Do you need some help where to store it?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

snip

I politely took the ****.

I know, you said, but how though (and IDGAF about 'polite')?

But can I borrow your fork?

Of course, if it helps you dig. ;-)

That's what spades are for you thick ****.

I'd like to see you dig over an allotment with a spade (you thick
tw*t).

So, how about explaining why you think you were taking the **** out of
me, when it looks to me like you were just ****ing in your own
trousers?

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 17:18:58 +0000, ARW
wrote:

snip

Oh, I'm sure you are right, but not needed on this job. ;-)

Do you need some help where to store it?

And you think it will fit in your mouth?

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 10/11/2019 18:16, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 17:18:58 +0000, ARW

snip

It's not me that is talking ****.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

wrote:

snip

I politely took the ****.

I know, you said, but how though (and IDGAF about 'polite')?

But can I borrow your fork?

Of course, if it helps you dig. ;-)

That's what spades are for you thick ****.

I'd like to see you dig over an allotment with a spade (you thick
tw*t).

So, how about explaining why you think you were taking the **** out of
me, when it looks to me like you were just ****ing in your own
trousers?

I took the **** out of you because you had no idea of how a combi boiler
works

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 18:20:19 +0000, ARW
wrote:

On 10/11/2019 18:16, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 17:18:58 +0000, ARW
wrote:

snip

Oh, I'm sure you are right, but not needed on this job. ;-)

Do you need some help where to store it?

And you think it will fit in your mouth?

It's not me that is talking ****.

I'm still not sure it is as you have yet to explain yourself?

I don't think you can. ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

snip

I politely took the ****.

I know, you said, but how though (and IDGAF about 'polite')?

But can I borrow your fork?

Of course, if it helps you dig. ;-)

That's what spades are for you thick ****.

I'd like to see you dig over an allotment with a spade (you thick
tw*t).

So, how about explaining why you think you were taking the **** out of
me, when it looks to me like you were just ****ing in your own
trousers?

I took the **** out of you because you had no idea of how a combi boiler
works

Bwhahahahahaha!

Oh, you are funny Adam.

(But you are welcome to try to explain *exactly* what I didn't
understand about combi boilers).

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

wrote:

snip

Its a cpmbi boiler with hot water on demand?

I think Adam was trying to be funny. I put HW/CH in the title because
the boiler does both so I threw that in *in case* there was some
special reason there wasn't a timer for the CH already.

Like a fridge needing the heat of an incandescent lamp or a boiler
coming on on it's own to prevent freezing etc.

You are talking ********:-)

Care to dig any deeper?

Can I borrow your spade?

He'll call it a fork.

My apologies for been polite for once.

A **** is a **** and she has no idea what a combi boiler is.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

wrote:

snip

I politely took the ****.

I know, you said, but how though (and IDGAF about 'polite')?

But can I borrow your fork?

Of course, if it helps you dig. ;-)

That's what spades are for you thick ****.

I'd like to see you dig over an allotment with a spade (you thick
tw*t).

So, how about explaining why you think you were taking the **** out of
me, when it looks to me like you were just ****ing in your own
trousers?

I took the **** out of you because you had no idea of how a combi boiler
works

Bwhahahahahaha!

Just had exactly the same on my phone followed by a threat of violence.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

snip

Its a cpmbi boiler with hot water on demand?

I think Adam was trying to be funny. I put HW/CH in the title because
the boiler does both so I threw that in *in case* there was some
special reason there wasn't a timer for the CH already.

Like a fridge needing the heat of an incandescent lamp or a boiler
coming on on it's own to prevent freezing etc.

You are talking ********:-)

Care to dig any deeper?

Can I borrow your spade?

He'll call it a fork.

My apologies for been polite for once.

Aww, that's nice.

snip

she has no idea what a combi boiler is.

I bet you are feeling more and more embarrassed now aren't you Adam. I
know full well what a combi boiler is and how it works, you thought
you were being clever but were in-fact, being cocky and it's backfired
on you.

You can call me all the names you like (you often do), but it's water
off a ducks back and only goes to further demonstrate you have fcuked
up bigtime.

I suggest you call it a day (I'll not ask for an apology) and just
stick with joining up wires. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

snip

I politely took the ****.

I know, you said, but how though (and IDGAF about 'polite')?

But can I borrow your fork?

Of course, if it helps you dig. ;-)

That's what spades are for you thick ****.

I'd like to see you dig over an allotment with a spade (you thick
tw*t).

So, how about explaining why you think you were taking the **** out of
me, when it looks to me like you were just ****ing in your own
trousers?

I took the **** out of you because you had no idea of how a combi boiler
works

Bwhahahahahaha!

Just had exactly the same on my phone followed by a threat of violence.

Who else have you been insulting for no reason then?

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

wrote:

[...]

Why not just admit that you asked a stupid question and looked like a ****?

I'll happily give a apology after you have sucked my cock.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

wrote:

snip

I politely took the ****.

I know, you said, but how though (and IDGAF about 'polite')?

But can I borrow your fork?

Of course, if it helps you dig. ;-)

That's what spades are for you thick ****.

I'd like to see you dig over an allotment with a spade (you thick
tw*t).

So, how about explaining why you think you were taking the **** out of
me, when it looks to me like you were just ****ing in your own
trousers?

I took the **** out of you because you had no idea of how a combi boiler
works

Bwhahahahahaha!

Oh, you are funny Adam.

(But you are welcome to try to explain *exactly* what I didn't
understand about combi boilers).

I'll start with your post to the newsgroup.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 19:00:30 +0000, ARW
wrote:

snip

Why not just admit that you asked a stupid question and looked like a ****?

Which question exactly ... ?

OK, I'll try to overview what I think you have done (and now probably
(or should) regret).

You think I was including the HW cct (as you mentioned it
specifically) in the control question for the hot water when I did
not. I mentioned HW/CH in the title because that's what the boiler
supplies and sometimes such things are relevant [1]

I have a 'Multipoint' instant water heater here (I know what it is as
I installed it) and I know what a combi is (as in daughters flat), and
a boiler / cylinder solution is because you can read here how I was
repairing one for an elderly neighbour recently (two microswitch
faults in a motorised valve, and a leaky ball valve in the same).

Now, if I can see where you have misunderstood my understanding /
question then others can, but don't worry about it, we all make
mistakes. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

[1] A mate has what looks like a Combi boiler because it has
thermostats for both HW and CH (two separate knobs) but it isn't a
combi boiler and does not supply direct HW.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 19:12:59 +0000, ARW
wrote:

snip

(But you are welcome to try to explain *exactly* what I didn't
understand about combi boilers).

I'll start with your post to the newsgroup.

But you still fail to state exactly what it was about it that you
*thought* was a misunderstanding about combi's?

In case you have forgotten what I wrote exactly, then here it is:

"No timer on HW/CH system?

Combi boiler in a flat with just a room stat in the lounge (from what
I can see).

Can you get (at a reasonable cost) a simple Clock / timer stat for
such circumstances and if so, would / could they be battery powered,
assuming the stat isn't currently fed by mains?"

Tell me how that question is any more 'stupid' than many other posts
here that you don't feel the need to (try to) 'take the **** out of'
(your own admittance)?

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

wrote:

snip

I politely took the ****.

I know, you said, but how though (and IDGAF about 'polite')?

But can I borrow your fork?

Of course, if it helps you dig. ;-)

That's what spades are for you thick ****.

I'd like to see you dig over an allotment with a spade (you thick
tw*t).

So, how about explaining why you think you were taking the **** out of
me, when it looks to me like you were just ****ing in your own
trousers?

I took the **** out of you because you had no idea of how a combi boiler
works

Bwhahahahahaha!

Just had exactly the same on my phone followed by a threat of violence.

Who else have you been insulting for no reason then?

Let's see if the police turn up.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 19:38:08 +0000, ARW
wrote:

snip

Just had exactly the same on my phone followed by a threat of violence.

Who else have you been insulting for no reason then?

Let's see if the police turn up.

And if they do, that they trace the caller.

But let's face it, you can be confrontational / insulting on here and
I dare say publish / show your phone number so it wouldn't take a
rocket scientist to jump on this conversation and prank you.

But yes, I'd get it checked out, in case it isn't. ;-(

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 10/11/2019 19:27, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 19:00:30 +0000, ARW
wrote:

snip

[...]

I did say keep the spade you will need it.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 20:19:50 +0000, ARW
wrote:

snip

[1] A mate has what looks like a Combi boiler because it has
thermostats for both HW and CH (two separate knobs) but it isn't a
combi boiler and does not supply direct HW.

I did say keep the spade you will need it.

Ok, well it's obvious you are either not Adam and are being spoofed or
are and have lost the plot. ;-(

Given you can't seem to state exactly what you thought worthy of *you*
taking the **** out of me for, I'll leave you to it.

Cheers, T i m