Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default School leavers writing

On Mon, 21 Oct 2019 12:03:07 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Saturday, 19 October 2019 18:45:26 UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 09 Oct 2019 14:01:56 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Wednesday, 9 October 2019 01:07:28 UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Things tend to be passed on, like accents.

No accents are learnt, or rather can be learnt, which is how impersonators work.

Passed on during learning to speak.

or later, peoples accents can change through out a persons life.

Mine didn't, mainly because I have **** all accent and I find almost every accent pointless.

It always amazes me that with so many people moving around, an accent still remains in a certain city.

To a certain area yes,

I guess it's because even if 10% of people move between Glasgow to Edinburgh, both cities still contain 90% of the original tongue, so that gets passed to the movers.

It's also considered an identity as you say you;d expect peole in scotland to have scottish accents, but if you came to London few will have what is known to be a London accent.

That's because most of London is Muslims. Throw them off the cliffs of Dover!

Mind you, I don't pick up accents. I speak the way I spoke when I learned it as a young child. I don't change accent when I speak to different people, but some seem to change within 10 minutes!

Yes. I knew a sweish girl that spend a year at uni in birmingham she came to London with a brummy accent !
I know French people that have lived in London 20+ years and they still sound French yet another after being here 7 years isn't recongnised as being French from his accent, even passport control questioned him when he came back from France.

Agreed, everyone is different.

but yuo'l notice that English speaking canadian sound a bit scottish, they say abooot rather than about.

That's not Scottish, they also they things like howse. They just carefully pronounce all the vowels.

What do you think the part of canada is called Nova Scotia for
--------------
Nova Scotia" means "New Scotland" in Latin and is the recognized English-language name for the province. In both French and Scottish Gaelic, the province is directly translated as "New Scotland" (French: Nouvelle-Écosse. Gaelic: Alba Nuadh).
----------------

Why on earth would anyone want to make another Scotland?

Most people find it easiier to use a one particualr hand than the other.

Bull****.

Nom it's a fact.

Becaseu that's the way they were taught!

No.
My mother was taught to use her right hand for writing, she had her knuckles hit with a wooden rular at school, but she could still only write with her left hand.

Your mother is therefore left handed.

well done you've got it.

She's a minority. Most people can use whatever hand they're taught to use. Those who are limited to oe hand are inferior.

But my point is, how do I know if I'm right handed or ambidextrous? People who can write with their right hand never bother trying with their left.

Why don't they ?

Because right handed writing is the norm.

One way of telling is to throw something at a persons face see which hand they use to protect themselves.
or ask them to pick something up.
Ask them to stand on one leg.

All that does is show which hand they prefer to use, that could be which they are better at using, or it could be which hand they were taught to use for stuff like writing.

Most people find it easier to use the hand they're used to.

Yes and that is what handedness means and for most it's the right hand
which is prefered. Left-handers are in the minority in all human populations.

No, handedness means you can only use one hand and you couldn't convert due to a fault.

No it doesn't.

What do you think left handed means then?

It means yuo have a certain preference for using a particualr hand even if it might seem more difficult to over come things like cutting paper the person will still try to use the hand they find most easy to use.
Despite the vast majoroty of guitars being made are and were for right handers, jimi hendrix was left handed and found it easier to use his left hand that he right destite his guitar was made for a right handed person.

Most are right handed. Left handers should be drowned at birth. That would make everyone the same and be easier to create tools for us to use with the same hand.

A small minority are left handed, these are known in society, as they write with their left hand. A small minority are right handed, they aren't noticed, as writing with your right hand is normal. Most of us could have learned to use either hand.

but not as easily tthat is the point.
Most fo use could learn to walk backwards or walk on our hands too.

Not the same thing. Both your hands look the same, there is no reason we can't use the other one for the same task.

total crap, or show me the evidence.

It's common sense, and the evidence isn't there because as I've told you countless times, people who can use their right don't try the left!

I have, and most people do at some point in their lives, just to see if they can.

But you don't spend years learning to use your left hand. You spent years learning to use your right hand at primary school to write with.

The brain is symmetrical.

Brain's Asymmetrical Shape Reflects Human Adaptability, MRI Study Suggests. The two halves of the human brain are not symmetrical.

So again you've got yuor facts wrong, or arse about face.

You just replied to yourself.

to prove you wrong yet again.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...technique.html

This suggests we should all actually learn to write with our left aswell, so both halves of the brain learn those sort of things.

But a waste of time and resources to have somemthing like that duplicated most people would use their brain for something more useful.
A friend of mine that had a bad car accident had to learn to write with his left hand, it took quite a while, longer than it took him to learn to write with his right hand. He also writes much more slowely with his left hand than he did with his right hand.

It took longer because he was older. Everything is quicker to learn when we are younger.

So as I said, us being right handed just means we developed that half of the brain, and could have developed the other half. Or both.

It's not the whole of the brain that is used for writing.

We don't need the whole of the brain, just the half for the hand we choose to use.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/brain...-mri_n_3146104

Interesting:
"The human brain is known to be asymmetric the left brain is involved in language processing, for example, while the right brain is where spatial reasoning takes place."
So firstly, are left handers the opposite way round? Is their brain installed back to front?

No.

So how come they want to write with the wrong hand?

They don't.

Again: "The human brain is known to be asymmetric the left brain is involved in language processing, for example, while the right brain is where spatial reasoning takes place."

Yep.

Which put simply, means that one half of your brain is designed better for writing. So if you're not a right hander, your brain must be in backwards.

you've certainly worked out how you brain mis-functions haven't you.

No, because mine functions properly, the left side works for writing.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

If you're representative of Scotland there must be a myriad of reasons.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 1 November 2019 22:41:02 UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Mon, 21 Oct 2019 12:03:07 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Saturday, 19 October 2019 18:45:26 UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 09 Oct 2019 14:01:56 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Wednesday, 9 October 2019 01:07:28 UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Things tend to be passed on, like accents.

No accents are learnt, or rather can be learnt, which is how impersonators work.

Passed on during learning to speak.

or later, peoples accents can change through out a persons life.

Mine didn't,

you're not exactly significant.

mainly because I have **** all accent and I find almost every accent pointless.

That says a lot about you.

It's also considered an identity as you say you;d expect peole in scotland to have scottish accents, but if you came to London few will have what is known to be a London accent.

That's because most of London is Muslims.

No most of london isn't, and being a Muslim is a religious thing nothing to do with an accent.

Throw them off the cliffs of Dover!

Thre are people I'd prefer to throw but it has little to do with theior religion or accents. What acent do you think Boris has Muslim ?

Mind you, I don't pick up accents. I speak the way I spoke when I learned it as a young child. I don't change accent when I speak to different people, but some seem to change within 10 minutes!

Yes that can happen, tend to use the word learnt rather than learned.
I do know a linguiseed she's gernam and teaches the subject of how langauged changed with time, she lectures at a university in Germany. It's interesting to hear how the English language developed over time and 'british accents' of which there is an intersting archive that has been produced.
https://sounds.bl.uk/Accents-and-dialects

Yes. I knew a sweish girl that spend a year at uni in birmingham she came to London with a brummy accent !
I know French people that have lived in London 20+ years and they still sound French yet another after being here 7 years isn't recongnised as being French from his accent, even passport control questioned him when he came back from France.

Agreed, everyone is different.

yes but it's interesting to know about such things. Even more so when some peole can mimic others accents and mannerisms.

but yuo'l notice that English speaking canadian sound a bit scottish, they say abooot rather than about.

That's not Scottish, they also they things like howse. They just carefully pronounce all the vowels.

What do you think the part of canada is called Nova Scotia for
--------------
Nova Scotia" means "New Scotland" in Latin and is the recognized English-language name for the province. In both French and Scottish Gaelic, the province is directly translated as "New Scotland" (French: Nouvelle-Écosse. Gaelic: Alba Nuadh).
----------------

Why on earth would anyone want to make another Scotland?

They didn't make another one, but why not asked why they made a new york, what was wrong with the old york.
Then there is New South Wales the other side of the world why ? why not just new Wales if they had to why just have south Wales ?

Most people find it easiier to use a one particualr hand than the other.

Bull****.

Nom it's a fact.

Becaseu that's the way they were taught!

No.
My mother was taught to use her right hand for writing, she had her knuckles hit with a wooden rular at school, but she could still only write with her left hand.

Your mother is therefore left handed.

well done you've got it.

She's a minority.

Well don;e yuo've almost got it right.

Most people can use whatever hand they're taught to use. Those who are limited to oe hand are inferior.

Why do you need to be able to use both hand to write with what;s the point in training two hands to do one job. Where's the evolutionary advantage.
Even animals aren't stupeid enough to do such a thing.

But my point is, how do I know if I'm right handed or ambidextrous? People who can write with their right hand never bother trying with their left.

Why don't they ?

Because right handed writing is the norm.

So who'd be stupid enough to train themselves to use their left hand to write ?
And don't forget it's not just writing either.

One way of telling is to throw something at a persons face see which hand they use to protect themselves.
or ask them to pick something up.
Ask them to stand on one leg.

All that does is show which hand they prefer to use,

yes and there is a reason for that.

that could be which they are better at using, or it could be which hand they were taught to use for stuff like writing.

People aren't told which hand to use nower-days in civilised countries anyway.

Which hand to you use to wipe your arse.

Most are right handed.

Yeah well done, almost there.

Left handers should be drowned at birth.

You wouldn't know at birth, same as yuo wouldnlt know if they were Gay or straight, left or right wing or which music or jokes they prefer.

That would make everyone the same and be easier to create tools for us to use with the same hand.

Wouldn't make much if any differnce.

total crap, or show me the evidence.

It's common sense, and the evidence isn't there because as I've told you countless times, people who can use their right don't try the left!

Yes they do I have, but there;s no point. Just like there;s no point in me learning to sue my feet to wrote but some can do that.

I have, and most people do at some point in their lives, just to see if they can.

But you don't spend years learning to use your left hand. You spent years learning to use your right hand at primary school to write with.

Because it felt easier to do so.
Some find it easier to use their left hand to write.

It took longer because he was older. Everything is quicker to learn when we are younger.

Most things are yes, and it;s also when we 'pick' an accent and language.

We don't need the whole of the brain,

Perhaps if yuo tried you;d know better.

just the half for the hand we choose to use.

What a lot of crap.
But perhaps that explains you, something has to.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Troll-feeding Senile ASSHOLE Alert!

On Mon, 4 Nov 2019 06:47:45 -0800 (PST), whisky-depraved, the notorious,

FLUSH another load of the two driveling prize idiots' endless sick
bull****

....and much better air in here!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Nouvelle-cosse. Gaelic: Alba Nuadh).
----------------

Why on earth would anyone want to make another Scotland?

If you're representative of Scotland there must be a myriad of reasons..

So you don't know then.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

newsp.0bzd1dfcwdg98l@glass...

wrote:
[...]

There's a host of new whatevers all over the world.
Even a New Britain and New England.

I havent noticed a New Wales but we do have a
New South Wales, presumably named by some bigot.

I've assumed that its likely a combination of nostalgia and
a lack of imagination tho I spose part of it must just be
that most of the obvious names have already been used
somewhere and so its easier to jus have new in front of it.

Even you should have noticed New York.

Not everyone has primitive savages with names
like Woolloomooloo that they can steal the name
from. Or stupid royals and close they can suck up
to by calling the place after them.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

It can't be that hard to come up with a new word to name a place. If in doubt, look around you, name it after the scenery.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 09:21:32 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the two clinically insane asshole's endless ****

--
Typical retarded "conversation" between the Scottish ****** and the senile
Ozzietard:

Birdbrain: "Horse **** doesn't stink."

Senile Rodent: "It does if you roll in it."

Birdbrain: "I've never worked out why, I assumed it was maybe meateaters
that made stinky ****, but then why does vegetarian human **** stink? Is it
just the fact that we're capable of digesting meat?"

Senile Rodent: "Nope, some cow **** stinks too."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

newsp.0bzkpsgwwdg98l@glass...

wrote:
[...]

There are plenty like that, but the only 'scenery' around
here is the hill at the back of town and some brilliantly
imaginative fella called it Scenic Hill.

Have fun coming up with a useful name for where your hovel is.
PHuckers :Pit doesn't quite cut it for some reason.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

My street is named after some saint or other. At least it's unique. Oh wait, there are five streets with the same name in the county (that's within 6 miles of me). Just make a word up, at least people wouldn't get the wrong street when trying to deliver things to me.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 10:09:44 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the two clinically insane asshole's latest troll****

--
Another typical retarded "conversation" between the two resident idiots:

Birdbrain: "But imagine how cool it was to own slaves."

Senile Rodent: "Yeah, right. Feed them, clothe them, and fix them when
they're broken.
After all, you paid good money for them. Then you've got to keep an eye
on them all the time."

Birdbrain: "Better than having to give them wages on top of that."

Senile Rodent: "Specially when they make more slaves for you
and produce their own food and clothes."

MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

newsp.0bzm0aq5wdg98l@glass...

wrote:
[...]

At one time most of ours were named after those killed in WW1 and WW2,
When they ran out of those, they are named after the better known locals.
Some of the streets in what you lot call estates are named after their kids.

We do have one named after a saint, Ignatius.
Dunno why that one, likely given its in an
estate too, the developer is a god bother.

At least it's unique.

Unlikely.

Oh wait,

Too late.

there are five streets with the same name in the county (that's within 6
miles of me).

Yeah, like I said, hard to have a unique name.

Still think they missed a real opportunity with yours,
PHucket Pit has quite a ring to it and is likely unique.

Just make a word up, at least people wouldn't get the wrong street when
trying to deliver things to me.

Trouble is no one could spell it. Woolloomooloo is a
problem, even I cant spell it and have to get the spelling
checker to fix it. It doze bizarrely, So much for your claim
that computers are useless compared with humans.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 11:38:27 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH troll****

--
TYPICAL retarded "conversation" between sociopath Rodent and sociopath
Birdbrain from August 26th 2018:

Birdbrain: "I have one head but 5 fingers."

Senile Rodent: "Obvious lie. You hairy legged cross dressers are so inbred
that you all have two heads."

Birdbrain: "You're the one that likes hairy legs remember?"

Senile Rodent: "The problem isnt the hairy legs, it's the gross inbreeding
that
produces two headed unemployables like you."

Birdbrain: "So why did you mention hairy legs?"

Senile Rodent: "Because that's what those who arent actually stupid enough
to shave their legs have."

Birdbrain: "You only have hairy legs if both of the following are true:
1) You're quite far back on the evolutionary scale.
2) You haven't learned what a razor is for."

Senile Rodent: "Only a terminal ****wit or a woman shaves their legs."

Birdbrain: "There is literally zero point in having hair all over your
body."

Senile Rodent: "There is even less point in wasting your time changing what
you are born with."

MID: