Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_3_] Fredxx[_3_] is offline

Default School leavers writing

On 01/11/2019 22:40:56, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Mon, 21 Oct 2019 12:03:07 +0100, whisky-dave
wrote:

On Saturday, 19 October 2019 18:45:26 UTC+1, Commander KinseyÂ* wrote:
On Wed, 09 Oct 2019 14:01:56 +0100, whisky-dave
wrote:

On Wednesday, 9 October 2019 01:07:28 UTC+1, Commander KinseyÂ* wrote:
Things tend to be passed on, like accents.

No accents are learnt, or rather can be learnt, which is how
impersonators work.

Passed on during learning to speak.

or later, peoples accents can change through out a persons life.

Mine didn't, mainly because I have **** all accent and I find almost
every accent pointless.

It always amazes me that with so many people moving around, an
accent still remains in a certain city.

To a certain area yes,

I guess it's because even if 10% of people move between Glasgow to
Edinburgh, both cities still contain 90% of the original tongue, so
that gets passed to the movers.

It's also considered an identity as you say you;d expect peole in
scotland to have scottish accents, but if you came to London few will
have what is known to be a London accent.

That's because most of London is Muslims.Â* Throw them off the cliffs of
Dover!

Mind you, I don't pick up accents.Â* I speak the way I spoke when I
learned it as a young child.Â* I don't change accent when I speak to
different people, but some seem to change within 10 minutes!

Yes. I knew a sweish girl that spend a year at uni in birmingham she
came to London with a brummy accent !
I know French people that have lived in London 20+ years and they
still sound French yet another after being here 7 years isn't
recongnised as beingÂ* French from his accent, even passport control
questioned him when he came back from France.

Agreed, everyone is different.

but yuo'l notice that English speaking canadian sound a bit
scottish, they say abooot rather than about.

That's not Scottish, they also they things like howse.Â* They just
carefully pronounce all the vowels.

What do you think the part of canada is called Nova Scotia for
Nova Scotia" means "New Scotland" in Latin and is the recognized
English-language name for the province. In both French and Scottish
Gaelic, the province is directly translated as "New Scotland" (French:
Nouvelle-Écosse. Gaelic: Alba Nuadh).

Why on earth would anyone want to make another Scotland?

If you're representative of Scotland there must be a myriad of reasons.