Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Brexit deal almost agreed!

On Tuesday, 29 October 2019 09:21:56 UTC, NY wrote:
"Ian Jackson" wrote in message
There are two types of Brexiter. One that has existed from the 1970s who
has always hated the idea of EU control over the UK and have always been a
minority.

I think the people that hate "the idea of EU control over the UK" have not
been around quite that long. Leaving aside the name issue of EEC versus EU,
the EEC was originally "sold" to us as a trading relationship to make
trading with other EEC members as easy as possible. That is what people
voted for in the 1974 (?) referendum. It is the only issue that I was aware
of at the time (I was 11 at the time, so too young to vote!) being discussed
by my parents and other people who were able to vote.

Yes that was my experience too, bit although you imply that the letters EEC and EU don't mean much. But for me that;s like saying your arse and your elbow are the same.

Other people have
since said that the EEC's "greater political union" aims were known about at
the time, but I never heard them mentioned.

I assume some suspected at the time.

The concept of EEC or EU exerting greater political, taxation and legal
control first rose to prominence around the time of the Maastricht
agreement. That is when I first started to feel uneasy about the EU, that it
put the needs of the EU before those of any of its member states, and that
it was wanting a federal Europe - a sort of United States of Europe. Up
until then, I'd thought that membership was a good thing (ie I wasn't
neutral, I was actually in favour of it). That changed very quickly when I
started to see what the EU's master plan was - government of the whole of
Europe (*) by Brussels, with member states losing some control of the way
their own country was run.

Yes for some it seems a logical approach, and while intergration seems like a good idea I didn't like the idea of this melting pot idea.

I'm passionately in favour of a good trading relationship with other
neighbouring countries, including interchange of native Europeans under the
control of the country where they want to work (ie each country gets to
choose how many, what skills and where from).

The EU hates that idea and wonlt allow it.
They don;t like the idea of countries trading outside of their own trade blocks but I've never really understood why.

I'm equally passionately
opposed to greater political and legal union: in any dispute, the member
state must have the final say.

Yes luckily we were allowed that freedom not to join the Euro currency, I had heard that after we rejected it the EU or rather some of the EU hatched a plan to lower the exchange rate of the pound until it was about the same as the Euro.

(*) And that included all the eastern European countries that began to join
after the changes in East Germany, Poland, Czechoslovakia etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
[...]

That was essentially a protectionist scheme, to protect the worst of the
inefficient french agricultural operations and close like their wine
industry.

I'm equally passionately
opposed to greater political and legal union: in any dispute, the member
state must have the final say.

Yes luckily we were allowed that freedom not to join the Euro currency, I
had heard that after we rejected it the EU or rather some of the EU
hatched a plan to lower the exchange rate of the pound until it was about
the same as the Euro.

(*) And that included all the eastern European countries that began to
join
after the changes in East Germany, Poland, Czechoslovakia etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 02:50 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard is out of Bed and TROLLING, already!!!! LOL

On Wed, 30 Oct 2019 02:50:11 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH senile asshole's troll****

02:50 in Australia? AGAIN??? You sociopathic senile swine really know no
shame at all!

cretin from Oz: