Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DPD vs UPS

ordered three items yesterday, hoping they'd arrive thurs/fri, got two
notifications that items will delivering on weds,

DPD one click to say please delay, another to pick thursday, job done

UPS, click tracking link, but all it allows is for it to be diverted to
a pickup point, no option to delay, ask their "virtual assistant" which
says I need to sign up for "UPS my choice", sign your life away, wait
for email, click to verify, and give them your inside leg measurement,
login, tracking doesn't give any more options, easiest is just to let
them fail to deliver it tomorrow then enter the card number and
re-schedule delivery ... their ****ing loss, morons!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 08 Oct 2019 18:04:31 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:

ordered three items yesterday, hoping they'd arrive thurs/fri, got two
notifications that items will delivering on weds,

DPD one click to say please delay, another to pick thursday, job done

UPS, click tracking link, but all it allows is for it to be diverted to
a pickup point, no option to delay, ask their "virtual assistant" which
says I need to sign up for "UPS my choice", sign your life away, wait
for email, click to verify, and give them your inside leg measurement,
login, tracking doesn't give any more options, easiest is just to let
them fail to deliver it tomorrow then enter the card number and
re-schedule delivery ... their ****ing loss, morons!

I joined UPS My Choice, only because I get email the night before a
delivery. With hit and miss vendors such as CPC this is quite useful.

The My Choice indication of time slot is pure fiction.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
ordered three items yesterday, hoping they'd arrive thurs/fri, got two
notifications that items will delivering on weds,

DPD one click to say please delay, another to pick thursday, job done

UPS, click tracking link, but all it allows is for it to be diverted to
a pickup point, no option to delay, ask their "virtual assistant" which
says I need to sign up for "UPS my choice", sign your life away, wait
for email, click to verify, and give them your inside leg measurement,
login, tracking doesn't give any more options, easiest is just to let
them fail to deliver it tomorrow then enter the card number and
re-schedule delivery ... their ****ing loss, morons!

I went off UPS in a big way when CPC started using them for their free
delivery.

On several occasions they shoved cards through the door when I was in -
without ringing the bell. And I had to go miles to collect.

I'd guess they were the cheapest. Not good value for CPC if I go
elsewhere, though. But that was some time ago. Last time I used CPC, it
came by RM.

--
*Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 09 Oct 2019 11:04:18 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I went off UPS in a big way when CPC started using them for their free
delivery.

I'd guess they were the cheapest. Not good value for CPC if I go
elsewhere, though. But that was some time ago. Last time I used CPC, it
came by RM.

They send via RM if it's small and if you don't request next day delivery.

To guarantee UPS, include a lithium coin cell in the order...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 09 Oct 2019 11:04:18 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

On several occasions they shoved cards through the door when I was in -
without ringing the bell. And I had to go miles to collect.

Crap driver and you live in an urban area...

If I'm not quick to answer the door ours will have left the package
by the door and be half way back to his van. I say "our" as the UPS
driver has been the same bloke for years.

Some even use common sense. If there are no cars outside they hide
the package rather than just leave it by the door.

Last time I used CPC, it came by RM.

Varies depending on size an value of order or if it has something
"hazardous" like a lithium coin cell. Only small, low value stuff
comes by RM. Which isn't a problem either as the RM 48 tracked often
arrives in 24.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message l.net, at
14:54:54 on Wed, 9 Oct 2019, Dave Liquorice
remarked:
Some even use common sense. If there are no cars outside they hide
the package rather than just leave it by the door.

I was at someone's house last week and returning as they were from a
fortnight's holiday, they had a postcard from a courier saying "package
in Green[1] Bin". It's a lottery whether the householder or the bin men
get to something like that first.

[1] Where they live that's the mixed recycling, round here it would be
blue, other places brown sigh.
--
Roland Perry
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman wrote:

I went off UPS in a big way when CPC started using them for their free
delivery.

Well UPS left the package with the neighbours

Amazon emailed this morning to say they were going to deliver today
instead of tomorrow, their website also has no option to delay just to
leave it in a "safe" place, which I didn't tick, but they placed it over
next door's fence anyway.

So only DPD gave me the choice to have it delivered on a day to suit me.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
ordered three items yesterday, hoping they'd arrive thurs/fri, got two
notifications that items will delivering on weds,

DPD one click to say please delay, another to pick thursday, job done

UPS, click tracking link, but all it allows is for it to be diverted to
a pickup point, no option to delay, ask their "virtual assistant" which
says I need to sign up for "UPS my choice", sign your life away, wait
for email, click to verify, and give them your inside leg measurement,
login, tracking doesn't give any more options, easiest is just to let
them fail to deliver it tomorrow then enter the card number and
re-schedule delivery ... their ****ing loss, morons!

I went off UPS in a big way when CPC started using them for their free
delivery.

our UPS driver here is superb. He knows where to put the parcel if I'm out
- he once asked.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
charles wrote:
I went off UPS in a big way when CPC started using them for their free
delivery.

our UPS driver here is superb. He knows where to put the parcel if I'm
out - he once asked.

This one didn't even bother trying a neighbour. I'll concede it may have
been just the individual driver. But happened several times. Not had it
with any other service.

--
*The e-mail of the species is more deadly than the mail *

DPD again. Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 17 April 26th 19 11:01 AM
DPD parcel. Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 60 March 10th 18 08:06 PM
DPD unpopular? Clive George UK diy 15 June 20th 16 11:14 AM
Why I like delivery by DPD djc UK diy 12 January 9th 14 02:47 PM
Shape Ups,Men's Shape Ups,Men's Skechers Shape Ups - new styles! jasmine shen UK diy 0 August 8th 10 11:42 AM