Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DPD again.

But good this time. Ish.

Bought an electronic item new off Ebay from a German company last Friday.

They provided a tracking number for DPD on 'my Ebay' and an estimated
delivery date of 25th April - 08th May. OK given the low postal cost.

Looked at the site this morning before going out. Said in transit, and
estimated delivery Wed 08 May.

Got home to find an email saying it had been left with a neighbour.

Tracking still says it in transit - with 'out for delivery' and
'delivered' still to come.

--
*Why is the third hand on the watch called a second hand?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I presume your neighbor had it??
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
I presume your neighbor had it??

Yes indeed. On unpacking was surprised to find a new UK IEC lead in the
main container. With the original Shuko? one still in the box.

I believe there is an EU rule saying they've got to do this - though
some fulfil their obligation by having a fixed-on adapter on the end of
the Shuko lead.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Roger Hayter wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
I presume your neighbor had it??

Yes indeed. On unpacking was surprised to find a new UK IEC lead in the
main container. With the original Shuko? one still in the box.

I believe there is an EU rule saying they've got to do this - though
some fulfil their obligation by having a fixed-on adapter on the end of
the Shuko lead.

I'd have thought it worth their while removing and keeping the Shuko one,
though?

--
*Learn from your parents' mistakes - use birth control.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , at 16:09:40 on Wed, 17 Apr
2019, "Dave Plowman (News)" remarked:

Tracking still says it in transit - with 'out for delivery' and
'delivered' still to come.

This is obviously "a thing". Had a couple of deliveries from German
suppliers where the tracking information was all over the place. Maybe
the 'tracking' product they sell there isn't quite the same as the one
we are used to in the UK? Like only gets updated every day or two rather
than in real time.
--
Roland Perry
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote

Yes well the time to start worrying is when you get tracking emails for
items you have yet to order.. :-)

Nothing to worry about, that’s the new telepathic Siri/Alexa.

Siri use to tell me when I had asked about the current
temperature and had said 'make it warmer' when it wasn’t
warm enough, "sorry, I can't do that" but now say, 'ok, I have
increased the temperature from 21 to 22" etc.

Alexa is still too stupid to do that.

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
But good this time. Ish.

Bought an electronic item new off Ebay from a German company last Friday.

They provided a tracking number for DPD on 'my Ebay' and an estimated
delivery date of 25th April - 08th May. OK given the low postal cost.

Looked at the site this morning before going out. Said in transit, and
estimated delivery Wed 08 May.

Got home to find an email saying it had been left with a neighbour.

Tracking still says it in transit - with 'out for delivery' and
'delivered' still to come.

--
*Why is the third hand on the watch called a second hand?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 18 Apr 2019 19:32:13 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

Yes well the time to start worrying is when you get tracking emails for
items you have yet to order.. :-)

Nothing to worry about, that¢s the new telepathic Siri/Alexa.

Siri use to tell me

Siri, the ONLY thing that actually talks to you obnoxious senile pest in
real life, eh, senile Rodent?

little ignorant ****."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 18 Apr 2019 00:19:45 +0100
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

I'd have thought it worth their while removing and keeping the Shuko
one, though?

Not worth the effort. I'm amazed you've not seen this before - I
thought everyone had a collection of foreign leads they were keeping
only because it seems a shame to throw away a perfectly good cable.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

I'd have thought it worth their while removing and keeping the Shuko
one, though?

Not worth the effort. I'm amazed you've not seen this before - I
thought everyone had a collection of foreign leads they were keeping
only because it seems a shame to throw away a perfectly good cable.

I can understand the maker packing two - I've had that with things before.
But this was a German retailer who added the lead since it was going to
the UK.

--
*Frankly, scallop, I don't give a clam

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

I'd have thought it worth their while removing and keeping the Shuko
one, though?

Not worth the effort. I'm amazed you've not seen this before - I
thought everyone had a collection of foreign leads they were keeping
only because it seems a shame to throw away a perfectly good cable.

I can understand the maker packing two - I've had that with things before.
But this was a German retailer who added the lead since it was going to
the UK.

Lots of IT kit comes with a Shuko and a BS1363 lead. The number I throw
away. I'd imagine it's just not worth the bother of opening the inside
package to remove it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 25 Apr 2019 15:44:20 +0100
Chris Bartram wrote:

Lots of IT kit comes with a Shuko and a BS1363 lead. The number I
throw away. I'd imagine it's just not worth the bother of opening the
inside package to remove it.

I hope you mean recycle rather than just throw away.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris Bartram wrote:

Lots of IT kit comes with a Shuko and a BS1363 lead. The number I
throw away. I'd imagine it's just not worth the bother of opening the
inside package to remove it.

I hope you mean recycle rather than just throw away.

Once something is installed, the mains lead may well be too long. So if
you have a Schuko etc spare, simply fit a new plug to the right length
lead. I'd never throw it away. ;-)

--
*I used up all my sick days so I called in dead

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

DPD parcel. Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 60 March 10th 18 08:06 PM
DPD unpopular? Clive George UK diy 15 June 20th 16 11:14 AM
Why I like delivery by DPD djc UK diy 12 January 9th 14 02:47 PM
Kenmore washer again and again... Jason Home Repair 1 August 17th 05 03:33 PM
Beams again (again) [email protected] UK diy 4 January 25th 05 11:19 AM